Author Topic: Team Stages?  (Read 2246 times)

Offline El Coyote

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Team Stages?
« on: December 11, 2012, 11:42:02 AM »
Howdy folks!

Well I am still new to this sport so forgive me if this question has been asked before or if there is a reason why something like this is not in place.

I was wondering if any clubs are doing team side matches, where 2-4 shooters would compete as a team shooting a stage and going for the best over all time? I started thinking about this while reading about the Earps and their famous shoot out. Wouldn't it be great if there was a four person stage that could replicate that? Each shooter would have designated targets. Each shooter would have on revolver, and one person would have a shotgun with two round. I know scoring might be difficult, but I think the fun factor would compensate for all the difficult set up.

So what do ya'll think? Dumb idea or greatest idea since sliced bread?

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Team Stages?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 04:18:04 PM »
Team events make great side matches in my opinion. :)  I've seen them done several different ways.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Snakebite

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 10:42:34 PM »
Some large matches have team shoots and have been doing them for a long time now. They are as a side match and not part of the main match

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:16:21 AM »

Offline Allie Mo

• Very Active Citizen
    • California Gunslingers
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 01:21:14 PM »
Hi El Coyote,

Once upon a time, long ago, at an annual match the posse shot one stage as a team for a team score. It was rather fun as there was no time spent on determining who would be on a team. The stage was similar to all other stages at that match.

It seems that the practice of having team shoots, at least at annuals I've attended, has become infrequent.

Regards,

Allie Mo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com