Author Topic: Power Custom Half-cock Mod.: will it fit the New Vaquero?  (Read 5594 times)

Offline Jake MacReedy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Power Custom Half-cock Mod.: will it fit the New Vaquero?
« on: February 14, 2011, 09:08:35 PM »
Does anyone know if the Power Custom half-cock hammer & trigger parts will fit the New Vaquero?  I'm tempted to make the mod on mine if it does.

Thanks!
Jake

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Power Custom Half-cock Mod.: will it fit the New Vaquero?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 09:42:10 PM »
Yes they do.

Offline Pappy Myles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:51:17 AM »
Howdy Jake,

I have a pair of Old Model Vaquero's that I shoot.  About 4 years ago, I installed the power custom half cock hammers and really like them.  The two advantages on the OM is that when you 1/2 cock, and open the gate, the cylinders are indexed for unloading/loading.   Something that Ruger fixed with the new model, but you know that.   The other advantage is if you should accidently "slip hammer" a round, the hammer stops in the half cock and you can pull the hammer back to full cock and fire that round without having to "go around the horn" so to speak.  I highly recommend them.

I had to send one of the hammers back (after 4 years and about 5,000 rds) as the hammer plunger somehow got bent and jamed.  As a result, it wouldn't cock.  Power custom sent me a replacement in nothing flat, no questions ask.  Great service.   Only thing was, they quit making the OM hammers and sent me a New Model hammer.  It fits, the only issue I have, is the hammer thumb profile is slightly different then the the OM.   I do like it better!.  So I have an order for another hammer, to maintain some consistancy between my pair.  More of a personal preference.
NRA Patron Member
NRA Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
TSRA Life Member
USMC Vet
Dirty RAT # 308
Life SASS # 59784 ROI and ROII

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:12:17 PM »

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 04:20:04 PM »
(for future referrence.)
A work in progress.

Offline Waldo Bodfish

• Active citizen
  • Lead Farmer
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 06:45:58 AM »
Could someone post where to order the correct one for the new vaquero at? I looked at the one at Brownells, and in the reviews, they said it will not fit the new vaquero.
SASS # 91995
R.A.T.S. # 610

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com