Author Topic: Trying to find history and parts for 1860 Spencer Carbine ** Photos Added **  (Read 11875 times)

Offline Indiearms

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Looked at those books, JimBob, a great encyclopedia of info.  But, they barely touch on California, and since times are tight, I cannot justify that expense (150.00) right now.  Maybe I will get them in the future, because they would make a nice addition to the library.

When I get stuck/blocked, I pick up my Spencer, and it gets the creative juices flowing again.  It makes a great writing talisman.  Two Flints, the offer still stands.

Note:  Cover Art finished*, now writing Chapter three.  Made good headway this weekend, got 10 pages written.  Contacted a University about rights to use a 41- frame series of photo plates for my book.  Ouch, 100.00 each!

*for now, unless I decide to change it.  

Offline Two Flints

• Spencer Shooting Society Founder & Moderator
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Moderating SSS IS a "Labor of Love"!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Indiearms,

??? ??? ??? ??? "Two Flints, the offer still stands".

What offer ??? ??? ??? ???

Two Flints

Una mano lava l'altra
Moderating SSS is a "labor of love"
Viet Vet  '68-69
3/12 - 4th Inf Div
Spencer Shooting Society Moderator
Spencer Shooting Society (SSS) #4;
BOSS #62
NRA; GOAL; SAM; NMLRA
Fur Trade Era - Mountain Man
Traditional Archery

Offline Indiearms

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Please PM me your real names if you want me to put you in my "thanks".

I already have you in it as "Two Flints" ;)

For those interested, here is the "log line":

"When you think of the Civil War and the following Indian Conflicts, one does not think about California. But there are tales of perserverance and heroism about the California Cavalry that have all but faded away. "Guarding the Gates of Hell" is one such journey that sheds a light on what the soldiers of Co B, 2nd California Cavalry endured along the Mojave Trail.

Indian attacks, patrolling in skin searing weather and enduring leather piercing cactus, these brave men were sent to accomplish a mission, no matter the hardships."

Advertising

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com