Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2014, 08:03:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1876 (Moderator: Grizzly Adams)  |  Topic: Rear Sights for 76 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rear Sights for 76  (Read 12880 times)
John Slaughter
Citizen

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 11:16:04 pm »

Thanks Tom,
                  I'm in Australia, into CAS over here which is very popular.   I liked what you referred to with the Kelly Tang sight, and intend fitting one on my Uberti 1876 Centennial in 45.60. any advice on where I can find them over your way ?

I have gone thru the chain on "sights", I have used the marbles peep sight, Marbles Improved Peep Sight, Taylor's & Company DOS Winchester Tang Sight, and a couple of Italian made Tang Sights... had problems with all of the above.  I forked out the money and went with a KELLY SIGHT... best decision I have ever made... they are not cheap, but they are VERY WELL MADE and they are ACCURATE.  I mounted the Mid Range on my '86 for starters and I am so impressed with Jim Kelly's sights I am going to install one on my 45-60. I cannot say enough good things about this sight... instead of forking out money for the above I should have just added a few more dollars and bought Kelly upfront... very accurate and it looks good also. 
Mean Bob Mean
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 03:51:50 am »

John:

Here is jim Kelley's website.  Buffalo arms carries the sights when they can get them.  Cheers.

Mean Bob

http://www.kelleysights.com/

"Of course there are desperadoes on the frontier, but that is the only part of the world they live in. Their deeds give a false character to their district. I have carried a revolver; lots of us do, but they are the most innocent things in the world."                                                 ---Mark Twain
Thomas (Tom) Horn aka James Hicks
Top Active Citizen

SASS#86684 Wartrace Regulators

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 09:38:04 pm »

JSlaughter-

Sorry I have been out of town ... slow to your response..my apology. MBM responded... You cannot buy the Kelley Sights from his website.  Only place I know of to buy the sights is Buffalo Arms. You will have to contact Jim Kelley (see his website for email) and tell him what you have and send him the measurements from center hole to center hole for your '76. He will have to custom make you a sight base. He does not charge extra for this. He will ask you to send him the Long Tang Screw and the small Tang Screw from the upper Tang for duplication (he will return them for you with the completed base) his work/craftsmanship is SUPERIOR and he is a pleasure to business with. For both my '86 and '76 I bought the Silhouette Mid Range Soule Sight, it is very accurate and it looks good on both rifles. Here are some pictures of the sight mounted on my '76 Centennial Rifle (Uberti) 45-60.

* Kelley2.jpg (74.24 KB, 480x640 - viewed 76 times.)

* Kelley1.jpg (104.76 KB, 640x480 - viewed 84 times.)

* Kelley3.jpg (71 KB, 480x640 - viewed 102 times.)

* Kelley4.jpg (107.59 KB, 640x480 - viewed 86 times.)

"If I killed that kid, it was the best shot I ever made, and the dirtiest trick I ever did."
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1876 (Moderator: Grizzly Adams)  |  Topic: Rear Sights for 76 « previous next »
Jump to: