Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 04:46:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1876 (Moderator: Grizzly Adams)  |  Topic: Loading Data for the 45/75 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Loading Data for the 45/75  (Read 227 times)
Grizzly Adams
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« on: May 09, 2014, 06:22:10 pm »

At the suggestion of Postman63, I am setting stickies for load data.  If you have pet loads for the 45/75 WCF, please share them here.  As always, use caution when posting and when using data posted on this and any other forum.  Smiley

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
COMNAVFORV, NRA life, SASS Life, TG, STORM Rider #36.
GAF
larryo_1
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 12:28:32 pm »

Well Griz, After trying almost 20 different powders and loads, I have a couple here that I like  as does my rifle.  The first one is one that I found in Ken Waters book and modified it a wee bit by adding a tuft of Kapok to the load.  This one shoots very well and gives an average velocity of 1398 fps.  I use a Hoch Custom bullet cast to 350 grains and a 16:1 alloy.  It has a nice mild recoil.  The other one that I enjoy,  and get a "KICK" out of it is 76.0 grains of Swiss 1 Black Powder.  This load generates about 23 ft lbs of recoil.  BUT--it is damn accurate in my rifle that is. It generates about 1440 fps.  These are the two loads that I load the most of and have the most fun with.  Hope this generates some interest.

When in doubt, mumble!
NRA Endowment member
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1876 (Moderator: Grizzly Adams)  |  Topic: Loading Data for the 45/75 « previous next »
Jump to: