Author Topic: 1850s Holster buckles  (Read 16870 times)

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 362
Re: 1850s Holster buckles
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 09:57:25 PM »
In the meantime if I see him I'll ask him if he is interested.

He does a little bit of everything, I've seen him do a lot of silver jewelry and last time I saw him he was making a small copper box for something but I'm not sure what it was for.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 10:23:52 PM »
Cliff,

That would be great ... I would put on Tandys Cody Clipped Corner bet buckle, but clipped corners were not seen until after the Civil War ... so something like this with squared corners ...

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/search/searchresults/7875-05.aspx
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2011, 04:20:24 AM »
Cliff

Now I'm perked , I'd very intrested in what your Friend says

the up front wound be the art and mold work ( I'd think) once that the mold is made pehaps Jewels grade Pewter would work ?
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:42:07 AM »

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2011, 02:10:37 AM »

Joe, Silver closed today abit above $32oz....try about $47oz.

WWE

Here is my California Wheat and rose buckle that Wil Ghormley does. I had him do one for me in Sterling..Think it ran me about $160 Which isn't too bad for a sterling buckle. But like someone else said. One could get some work done with German Silver (no silver really) for alot cheaper and no one would be the wizer....I just liked the feel of the real deal....
hope ya find what ya want....and of course we need pix...

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2011, 02:21:12 AM »
Curley,

I have three of those in white bronze and they look like silver .....

But they are a bit too big .... also, I am told that Clipped Corners were not popular until after the Civil war ...but they are lovely, aren't they?

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2011, 02:30:22 AM »
If I could find this with square corners, I would 'antique it up a bit with some stove blacking in the scrollwork and it would be just fine ...

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/home/department/Buckles/7875-05.aspx

NCOWS #3403

Online Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2011, 07:32:15 AM »
I suppose I need to go buy my Grandkids Christmas silver coins before they get any higher.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2011, 10:40:48 AM »
Tascosa Joe

TooTrue...

NCOWS #3403

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011, 02:25:01 PM »
Tascosa Joe

I so generously a number of years ago (actually about 16yrs) started giving each grandkid an American Silver eagle at birth and the newest one on each birthday..16yrs ago silver was something like $6-7oz and eagles were under $10-12 each. My kids got crazy and I ended up with 9 grandkids...so now I have to buy 10 eagles every year, and silver just closed at $47oz

So, if that wasn't bad enough...I decided when my first grandkid turned 10..I would comemorate it with a 1/10th oz gold eagle. Well, that first one cost me about $55. What could that hurt....right? ya sure. The most recent one was about $157 and I got a good deal on that one...

I used to tell the kids/grandkids they wouldn't get rich on what I gave them......but these days I hear them are stackin and restackin them and holdin a calculator close at hand..  (I figure my oldest grandkid now holds about $950 in silver and gold at todays prices...not too bad I guess)

it still IS a good idea for a present for kids/grandkids bdays..

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Numimatic Questions
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 04:27:58 PM »
So I am holding on to a 1988,1989 (got 2 of them), 1990 and a 1993 uncirculated siver Liberty Dollars (still in their plastic containers). In addition, I have a 1971 and 1977 half dollar piece (sandwiched), and a  1979 and a  1999 Susan B Anthony sandwichece silver dollars.

Am I holding onto anything worthwhile?

The silver dollars were gifts from my departed Dad, and therefore usellable to me ... but it would be nice to know what I am holding ....

NCOWS #3403

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 06:35:13 PM »
I'm liking the direction this going..
My Mother gave/left me a 1920's leather coin snapper purse... It's about 8" X 3" X 3" stuffed...
and stuffed it is...Silver Dollars the oldest 1808 ...several 1876 and 1882 (Grandparrents birth years)  1/2 cents , Silver dime's smaller that today's , a couple of Stone Mtn 1/2 Dollars..... no goldpiece though
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com