Author Topic: New Rat OnBoard  (Read 1937 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Rat OnBoard
« on: January 16, 2011, 08:51:24 PM »
Looks like I've joined the ranks of the Rats ..... move over, Rats.

Got into the CAS game back when you only needed one gun. I bought a 5-1/2' SS .44 Mag Vaquero. It was quickly followed by another in blue. Had 'em both "Colt-ized" - beveled cylinders, recontoured hammers, Bulls-Eye ejector buttons and a steel ejector rod housing on the blued gun. Both still goin' strong .....
Always felt that it was a little much gun for the .44 Spl. level CAS rds and a little large for my small hands, but I adapted and overcame.
My wife just bought a brace of NM Blackhawks, 4-5/8" barrels in .44 SPL. - Wow! She won't let me touch 'em. So, I ordered one for myself with a 5-1/2" tube. This has got to be my ideal handgun for any purpose. I may well end up with a Bisley as well.
When she got her guns, our CAS pals were shocked and horrified - "That ain't Cowboy! No hammer mounted firing pin, no four clicks when ya' cock 'em, adjustable sights and that great honkin' front sight, etc." ......
Our answer was - "Yep, all true. But when your Colt clones are junk, these guns will still be spittin' lead." They forget that the Colt Flat Tops had a dovetailed rear sight and honkin' great blade front with a bead on it. The front of the frame looked a lot like what's on the Blackhawk.
I like my Colt-clone "Cowboy" guns, C&B as well as cartridge, but none of them is the gun like a Ruger. Most of my clones have been reworked, some more than once while the Rugers soldier on.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Rat OnBoard
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 09:22:40 PM »
PJ Hardtack,

Better Include the "Wife" too into the group or no one will have to move over 'cause you might be on the floor with a fry-pan between ye ol' eyes!!!    :D

Yeti76620
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com