Author Topic: Non-19th Century recipes  (Read 44984 times)

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Non-19th Century recipes
« on: July 15, 2005, 04:51:07 PM »
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup water
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1-1/2 cups self-rising cake flour
1/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups fresh or thawed frozen blackberries
vanilla ice cream

Preheat oven to 350. In a 10-inch glass pie plate or baking dish, melt 1/2 stick of uncut butter in
oven. In a small saucepan combine water and 1 cup sugar and heat over moderate heat stirring
occasionally until sugar is completely dissolved. In a food processor pulse together flour and
remaining 1/2 stick cut-up butter until mixture resembles fine meal. Add milk and pulse just
until dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and with a floured rolling pin
roll into an 11x9-inch rectangle pan. Sprinkle dough with cinnamon and scatter blackberries
evenly over top. Beginning with a long side, roll up dough jellyroll fashion and cut into 1-1/2
inch thick slices. Arrange slices, cut sides up, on melted butter in pie plate or baking dish. Pour
sugar syrup over slices, soaking dough, and bake cobbler in middle of oven for 45 minutes.
Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over cobbler and bake for 15 minutes more, or until
golden. Serve cobbler warm with ice cream.
Rufford B. "Ruff" Justice
SASS #16965, WASA #155, GHSS CP-088, Oregon Trail Regulators (Nebraska) #7
RO I & II
Double Barrel C's Land and Cattle Co.
Orlando, FL

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
RABBIT STEW
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 04:56:21 PM »
4 to 5 pounds rabbit
4 tablespoons bacon fat or butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups dry white wine
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
salt
pepper
1 teaspoon tarragon
1 bay leaf, crushed.
1/2 teaspoon thyme
3 tablespoons sour cream

Cut rabbit into serving pieces. Heat fat or butter and brown the rabbit pieces on all sides.
Sprinkle with flour; blend in well. Add stock, wine, garlic, tomato paste, and seasonings.
Simmer while covered over low heat 1 1/2 hours. Transfer meat to warm serving platter.
Reduce sauce if necessary. Stir in sour cream; heat, but do not let the sauce boil. Pour
over the rabbit.
RO I & II
Orlando, FL

Offline Capt. Hamp Cox

• Top Active Citizen
  • 1937 Ford & 1941 Hamp in 1947
  • Liked:
No Bake Fruitcake (or Icebox Fruitcake for usins below the Mason-Dixon)
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 08:58:07 PM »

This is one I grew up with.  Don't know when or where my mom got the recipe, but I remember enjoying her version of this during the Thanksgiving - Christmas season from the time I was a pre-teen on, until Alzheimers took over about fifteen years ago.   She died in April of this year.  Either my wife or I make this at least once each holiday season, and it never lasts long.

Line loaf pan, one which holds about 6 cups, with waxed paper -- bottom and sides. 

Put into a 2 qt. bowl:

3/4 cup evaporated milk
   24 large marshmallows (cut finely) or 3 cups midget marshmallows and 1/3 cup orange juice.  Let    stand.

Measure 6 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 6 dozen 2 1/2" crackers, cruslhed) into a bowl, add:

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon       1 1/2 cups seedless raisins
   1/2 teaspoon nutmeg         3/4 cup minely cut dates
   1/2 teaspoon cloves (powdered)      1 cup chopped nuts (we use pecans)
               1 1/4 cup candied fruit (mixed, or cherries or pineapple)

Add dry ingredients to lliquid mixture and large spoon, then with hands until crumbs are moistened.  Press firmly into pan.  If desired, top with additional fruit and/or nuts.  Cover tightly.  Chill 2 days before slicing (I have a problem waiting that long).  Keep in refrigerator.  Makes 3 1/2 lbs.

Advertising

Re: Non-19th Century recipes
« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:39:36 PM »

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
GREEN CHILI WITH PORK
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 09:45:23 AM »
½ cup olive oil
2 large yellow onions chopped about 4 cups
8 medium garlic cloves peeled and chopped
8 fresh jalapeno peppers stemmed and minced
3 carrots, peeled and sliced crosswise into ½ inch pieces
1 ½ tablespoon dried oregano preferably mexican
3 pounds boneless pork shoulder cut into ½ inch cubes
5 cups chicken stock or canned broth
salt
28 ounce crushed italian plum tomatoes, drained
1 potato, peeled and grated (8 ounces)
12 large poblano chilies (1 ½ pound), roasted and peeled
or
28 ounce can whole roasted mild green chilies, drained

In a large heavy duty casserole or Dutch oven (about 5-quart) warm the oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, jalapenos, and carrots. Cook stirring once or twice for 10 minutes. Stir in oregano and pork cubes and cook until pork has lost its pink color, about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. Stir in the chicken stock, 1 teaspoon of salt, crushed tomatoes and the grated potato. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and cook partially covered, for 1 ½ hours, stirring occasionally. Cut the poblano chilies into ½ inch strips. Add them to the chili and cook, stirring often, for another 30 to 45 minutes or until the pork is tender and the chili is thickened to your liking. Taste for correct seasonings and let cook another 5 minutes. Serve hot.
RO I & II
Orlando, FL

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
HONEY BAKED HAM
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »
10-12 pound. ready-to-eat bone in ham
3 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cup apple juice

Remove the layer of skin from ham, leaving a thin layer of fat to keep the meat juicy while baking. Score the surface of the ham in a diamond pattern, without cutting into the meat. Place a whole clove in the center of half the diamonds. Place ham in roasting pan and brush top with mustard. Combine sugar, honey and cinnamon; heat over medium temperature, about 2 minutes until mixture will pour, but not thin. Spread over ham. Pour apple juice in bottom of roasting and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Baste every half hour using juices in the pan.
RO I & II
Orlando, FL

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA STYLE BARBEQUE PORK SANDWHICHES
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 03:55:05 PM »
1 5-8 pound boston butt pork
12 ounce apple cider vinegar
1 apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoon cayenne pepper flakes
4 tablespoon cayenne pepper flakes
8 bunch garlic
1 tablespoon salt
pan sauce
2 cup water

Put a bag of charcoal in the firebox, open the vents, light it, and let it burn down to coals. Then add wood (generally oak) two parts wet (soaked) wood to one part dry regulate the dampers, and put the shoulders or butts, fat side up, in the cooking chamber. Beneath the meat put a drip pan half-filled with apple cider vinegar. Keep the heat between 180-260 degrees throughout the smoking process; the optimum range is 220-240 degrees. Keep the firebox fed and a good smoke going for between 8 to 10 hours. Do not open the cooking chamber to baste the meat--the only time you open the cooking chamber is when the temperature spikes above 260 degrees, and you open it only long enough to bring the temperature back in the proper range. By the time the smoking period is finished, the outside of the pork will have a golden amber to dark brown crust. Now, take the meat and put it in a covered Dutch oven. If it's too dark outside to continue, preheat your indoor stoves' oven to just under 300 degrees; otherwise, just raise the temperature in the cooking chamber a like amount. Get a quart-sized Mason jar; fill it halfway with apple cider vinegar, add one (or more) teaspoons of red pepper flakes, and fill the rest of the jar with water. Dump this into the Dutch oven with the pork, cover, and cook until the meat falls from the bone, about 2 more hours or so. When the meat is done, let it cool a bit. [If you're too tired, you can stop here for the day--cover them up, put them in the fridge, and warm them up the next morning and continue the procedure]. While it's cooling, fill some 16 ounce bottles with apple cider vinegar, adding about a teaspoon of red pepper flakes to each one. When the pork has cooled enough to handle , pull it into thumb sized chunks, discarding as much fat as possible. Pack roughly 3 pounds of barbeque into a large frying pan. Dissolve 1 tablespoon of salt into 2 1/2 cups of warm water and pour it into the pan.

Add about 12 ounces of your apple cider vinegar and red pepper sauce, turn the heat to medium, and let the liquid slowly simmer off, stirring frequently, until the sauce just barely oozes over the top of your spatula when you press down on the barbeque with it. Remove from heat.
RO I & II
Orlando, FL

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
CHIPOTLE SALSA
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 04:03:34 PM »
30 each dried chipotle chilies or 3 cup chipotle chilies.
8 each ripe roma tomatoes, cored
12 each garlic cloves, peeled
2 tablespoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground

Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for about 20 minutes. The liquid should be reduced by one-third and the tomato skins should be falling off. Set aside to cool. Pour the mixture into a blender or a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Puree until smooth and then pass through a strainer. Serve chilled. Chipotle salsa can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or frozen.
RO I & II
Orlando, FL

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Tom's Slaw
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 01:36:05 PM »
1 part white vinegar

1 part vegetable oil (you can try olive oil…I personally didn’t care for it)

1 part Miracle Whip salad dressing

2 parts granulated white sugar

Put these together in a bowl large enough to hold all the slaw you’re going to make and a little larger…you’re going to mix it in the same bowl.

Blend it thoroughly with a whip until it’s totally smooth.

NOTE: ALWAYS USE A WHIP WHEN MIXING SAUCES  AND SUCH IN THE KITCHEN
(It doesn’t mix things any better than a fork, but you look classier and more professional using a whip.)

I use a commercially prepared slaw mix from the produce section at the store…it’s fresh and a lot easier than chopping it myself.  Add the chopped slaw mix to the bowl and stir it together with a large spoon.

NOTE: DON’T USE A WHIP FOR THIS OR YOU’LL SPEND THE REST OF THE EVENING GETTING THE CABBAGE OUT OF THE WHIP.

Chill and serve.

Tom

Historical note:
I “stole” this recipe from a restaurant I was managing in Peoria in 1972.  I’ve had people tell me for years how good it is.

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
LAMB AND CHILI STEW WITH BLUE BALLS
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 09:35:48 AM »
1 large onion, chopped
1 tablespoons lard, bacon fat or shortening
1 pound boneless lamb, cubed
2 cup diced potatoes
1/2 cup chopped celery tops
1/3 cup red chili pulp or 2 tablespoons pure ground chili
3 fresh tomatoes, chopped or 1 cup canned tomatoes, drained and chopped
3 cup hot beef stock
salt to taste

blue balls:
1 cup finely ground blue cornmeal
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon lard or bacon fat
1/3 cup milk
dried red chilies for pulp

To turn dried chili pods into pulp, first wash them, then toast them lightly in a skillet or in a 250 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Under running cold water, remove their stems and all seeds. Cover the pods with boiling water and let them soak for 30 minutes. Drain them, reserving the water, and put them into a blender with a little of the liquid, then blend until smooth. For 1 cup pulp, you will need 8 to 10 large dried New Mexican chili pods. In a large, wide-mouthed pot like a Dutch oven, sauté onion in lard. Add lamb and sear quickly, then add remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer and stew gently for about 30 minutes. Meantime, make the dumplings. Mix together meal, baking powder, and salt. Work in lard with your fingertips and add milk. Roll into balls 1 1/2 inches in diameter, drop on top of the stew, cover the stewpot, and steam for 20 to 25 minutes without lifting the lid.
RO I & II
Orlando, FL

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
PICANTE CHICKEN CHILI
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 09:39:26 AM »
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 pound chicken breast, skinless, boneless, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 or 3 teaspoon sage
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup picante sauce
16-ounce can kidney or pinto beans, undrained
1/4 cup dry vermouth
1 bay leaf
1 green or red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 large tomato, seeded, coarsely chopped
Optional Toppings:
chopped cilantro
sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese

Cook onion and garlic in oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in chicken; cook until chicken is no longer pink, stirring constantly. Sprinkle sage, cumin and salt over chicken; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in picante sauce, beans, vermouth and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in green pepper and tomato; continue to simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Ladle into bowls; top as desired and serve with additional picante sauce.
RO I & II
Orlando, FL

Offline Marshal'ette Halloway

• The Marshal's Boss & Head Rebel Rowser
  • Peace Officer
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither work
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
Re: Tom's Slaw
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 03:16:06 PM »
A good recipe that uses Cucumbers/Onions, with kind of that same sauce is:

3 Cucumbers ( peeled and sliced thin)
2 onions...  sliced  in thin rings
1 1/2 cups real mayonnaise
1 8oz carton of sour cream
4 T. sugar
4 T. vinegar
2 t. salt

Blend well and pour over cucumbers and onions.
Best after it has set for a couple of hours
SASS #56524, BCVC #26

The smell of heaven is Fresh Baked Bread and Gun Powder.

Offline Rooster

• Citizen
    • Roosters Recipes
  • Liked:
Gold Strike Baked potato soup
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 02:20:42 AM »
Gold Strike Baked potato soup      

Description:this is a thick, creamy, rich and hearty soup, and is very simular to Stuart Andersons Black Angus Restraunt's recipe. Lydia and I won first place in a Chuckwagon cook off with this recipe it is very delishious

Ingredients:
4 large Baking potatoes
2/3 cup Butter or margarine
2/3 cup Flour 6 cups Milk (evaporated milk in a can, one can of water per one can of milk, about 3 cans all together)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 a bushel of green onions , chopped
12 slices Bacon, fried, crumbled
5oz. velveta cheese
1 cup Sour cream

Directions: bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until done. Let cool Fry up bacon till crispy, then crumble, while potatos are bakeing. then Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, skin one half of each potato an discard skins.then chop the entire potato into bite sized pieces. Melt butter in a 12" Dutch Oven over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Add chopped potato's , salt, pepper, green onions, bacon, and cheese. Cook until thoroughly heated stir in sour cream. Add extra milk, if too thick. Serve topped with green onions, bacon, and cheese.
Revelation 20:15 (KJV) And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
CAJON COWBOY
PRAYER POSSE
BIBLE BAPTIST POSSE
IDOS
SOCALDOS
CHUCKWAGON COOK
http://roostersass55199.blogspot.com/

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
HAM AND CHEESE MUFFINS
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2005, 07:22:30 PM »
2 tablespoons shredded carrot
2 tablespoons shredded celery
2 tablespoons shredded onion
1 tablespoon butter
4 ounces of diced cooked ham
In a medium bowl combine by hand
2 cups baking mix
1 egg
1 tablespoon sugar
2 ounces of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2/3 cup milk

In a skillet sauté the carrot celery and onion in the butter until tender but not brown. Cool. Stir in diced ham and set aside. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Fill greased muffin pans 2/3's full with the biscuit batter. The batter should be thick enough for you to be able to make an indention in the middle with a spoon. Add a small amount of the ham mixture where you have made the indention. Bake at 400 degrees until brown (about 16-18 minutes).
RO I & II
Orlando, FL

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
CINNAMON RAISIN BUTTERMILK MUFFINS
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 07:24:05 PM »
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup dark raisins
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
1 egg, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In medium bowl combine the flour sugar baking powder cinnamon soda and salt. Add raisins; stir in buttermilk and egg just until blended. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full of batter. Bake about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and knife inserted into center of each muffin comes out clean.
RO I & II
Orlando, FL

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
CORN MUFFIN GEMS
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2005, 07:25:20 PM »
1 can (10 3/4 ounce.) cream of chicken soup
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 (8 ounce.) packages muffin mix

Combine in a bowl chicken soup and eggs. Add muffin mix and blend. Batter lumpy. Arrange drained canned apricot halves (one apricot half in greased Spoon batter over fruit. Fill 3/4 full. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
RO I & II
Orlando, FL

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
CORN AND JALAPENO JELLY MUFFINS
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005, 07:27:06 PM »
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper
1 egg
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted or 1/4 cup corn oil
1 (10 ounce.) pkg. frozen corn kernels, defrosted
1/4 cup jalapeno pepper jelly

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Generously butter 12 muffin cups each 2 1/2 inches in diameter. In a large bowl mix together the flour cornmeal sugar baking powder and hot pepper. In a medium bowl whisk together the egg milk melted butter and corn. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and stir lightly using no more than 15-20 strokes to combine. Fill each muffin cup about half full with batter; reserve 1/3 of the batter. With the back of a teaspoon make a small depression in the center of each muffin and drop in the center of each muffin 1 teaspoon of jalapeno jelly. Divide the reserved batter over the tops to cover the jelly (do not spread the batter). Bake in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes or until light golden on top. Let the muffins rest in the pan for about 2 minutes. Using a blunt knife ease the muffins out onto a wire rack and let cool for about 20 minutes.
RO I & II
Orlando, FL

Offline Rooster

• Citizen
    • Roosters Recipes
  • Liked:
Sticky fingers Pork ribs
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 01:15:40 AM »
Sticky fingers Pork ribs   

Description:
Made this at a resent Chuckwagon competion, and it was a huge hit, prior to that Lydia used to make it in the crock pot.

Ingredients:
3 1/2 pounds of pork loin back ribs
1/4 cup packed brown suger
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons of liquid smoke
2 cloves of garlic finly choped, or pressed
1 teaspoon of salt
1 medium onion
1/2 cup of coca~cola
1 1/2 cups of chris and pitts BBQ sause (hickory flavor)

Directions:
* Remove the inner skin (membrane) from the ribs
* Mix brown sugar, pepper, liquid smoke, garlic, and salt; rub mixture onto ribs.
* Cut ribs at 2-3 bone intervals
*Layer ribs, and onions in Dutch oven, or crock pot
*pour coca~cola in to pot
*Cover, and cook on low heat (200-300 degrees F)8-9 hours, or untill ribs are tender.
* remove the ribs from Dutch oven/crock pot, and drain liquid and discard.
*cover ribs in BBQ sauce, and cover, and cook for an additional hour, or 2.
Revelation 20:15 (KJV) And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
CAJON COWBOY
PRAYER POSSE
BIBLE BAPTIST POSSE
IDOS
SOCALDOS
CHUCKWAGON COOK
http://roostersass55199.blogspot.com/

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
BLUEBERRY BUTTERMILK COFFEECAKE
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2005, 10:23:12 AM »
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup pecans chopped
2 tablespoons butter melted
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter chilled and cut into pea size pieces
1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries

Preheat the oven to 350. Butter 9x9x2 inch baking pan. Dust pan with flour. Stir together sugar, pecans, butter and cinnamon in small bowl to blend. Set aside. Whisk buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla in small bowl to blend. Stir flour, sugar, and baking powder in large bowl, to blend. Using fingertips, rub butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk mixture and stir just until blended. Fold in berries. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Sprinkle topping over. Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 5 minutes. Cool cake completely in pan on rack.
RO I & II
Orlando, FL

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
COLORADO EL CHARRO SALSA
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2005, 10:51:14 AM »
12 dried red chilies
2 quarts water boiling
3 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup garlic puree *
1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
3 tablespoons flour

Garlic puree: Peel 8 whole heads of garlic by smashing the cloves with the side of a wide knife; the peel will slip off easily then. Put the peeled garlic in a blender with about 2 cups of water, and puree. Drain, if necessary, and store in a tightly closed glass jar in the refrigerator.

Sauce: The peppers are softened in boiling water, then ground into a rich red paste. The paste is thinned with the cooking liquid for use as a sauce for enchiladas, et cetera. Left un-thinned andspiced with oregano and vinegar it is used as a marinade for carne (beef) adobada or puerco (pork) adobada. Wash chilies in cold water and remove stems. Cook in boiling water until tender. Remove chilies and reserve the cooking liquid. Place a few of the chilies in a blender, along with 1/2 cup reserved liquid, and blend to a paste. Remove to bowl. Repeat with remaining chilies. It is now unseasoned red chili paste. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add garlic puree and flour, stirring until four browns. Add the chili paste, stirring constantly until it boils and thickens. Season with salt. Thin slightly with cooking liquid.
RO I & II
Orlando, FL

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
PICKLED JALAPENO SALSA
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2005, 10:55:02 AM »
6 to 12 fresh jalapenos, stems removed
12 tomatillo, husks removed
1/2 white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
2/3 cup water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 bunch cilantro, chopped, about 1 cup

Combine all the ingredients except cilantro in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover, lover the heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the tomatillo are soft. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Transfer the cooled ingredients and the liquid to a blender. Add the cilantro, and puree until smooth and uniformly green. Refrigerate. Serve cold or at room temperature.
RO I & II
Orlando, FL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com