Author Topic: NW Mounted Police buttons on eBay  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
NW Mounted Police buttons on eBay
« on: January 04, 2011, 02:32:32 AM »
Howdy North of the 49th Parallel,

One of my favourite sellers [in New Mexico] has some "antique" Mounty buttons listed, starting at $9.99 US.

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-Antique-CANADA-NWMP-Mounties-Uniform-Buttons-1873-/400185228233?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2ce5fbc9

There ya go!!  Have fun and don't start a fude on my account! ::) ;D ;)
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Buffalo Creek Law Dog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: NW Mounted Police buttons on eBay
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 03:46:25 AM »
They are not Mounted Police buttons I'm afraid.  If you zoom on them, you can see the words "Canada Militia"  the Mounted Police never used a beaver on any of its badges.  The Mounted Police have a Buffalo in the center of their badges and buttons. The badges and crests all show either the words North West Mounted Police (1873-1904), Royal North West Mounted Police (1904-1920) or Royal Canadian Mounted Police (1920-present) with the buffalo head in the center with either the King's or Queen's crown on the top.  Buttons would have the initials.  The dates wouldn't be included, I just put them in to show the era of the different names.  

If the buttons in question are authentic I'm sure that they would be worth more than $10.

Just as an aside Mounty is spelled Mountie.  ;)  (joke alert)  An American women was visiting Ottawa when she spotted a man wearing a scarlet tunic , high boots and a yellow stripe on the pant legs and wearing a smoky the bear hat.  She went up to him and said, "Are you a Mountie?"  He replied, "No ma'am, you're the Mountie, I'm the Mounter." ::)

Cheers!
SASS 66621
BOLD 678
AFS 43
NFA
ABPA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com