Author Topic: Thinking about a Bisley New Vaquero.  (Read 2137 times)

Offline rep1954

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Thinking about a Bisley New Vaquero.
« on: December 22, 2010, 04:39:20 PM »
I've been thinking about a stainless Bisley New Vaquero chambered in 357. They sure great looking guns in the medium frame and seem to be available for a decent price. In the past I've had a 44 Magnum Bislely Vaquero and a 44 Magnum Bisley Blackhawk but have since let them go. I have small hands and had trouble with the Bisley grip, but I thought maybe in the lighter caliber and some custom grips I would give this new gun a try and figure out what it would take to  make it user friendly for me. If anyone here has had simular problems and cured them I would like to here them. I guess thinking back the old Ruger wood grips did seem a little fat to me.

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Thinking about a Bisley New Vaquero.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 10:47:02 PM »
I thought the new model Bisley Vaqueros used the SAME dimensioned gripframes as the earlier Bisley-framed Blackhawks & Bisley Vaqueros & Bisley Supers.  So they will fell the same when in your hands (?).
The remainder of the newer style revolvers will be lighter in weight, though.
You may be able to find some thinner Bisley panels.  Seems I had seen some once.

MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com