Author Topic: USFA Announces Price Increase For 2011  (Read 6411 times)

Offline texagun

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
USFA Announces Price Increase For 2011
« on: December 12, 2010, 10:07:23 AM »
Sadly, USFA has announced an approximately 15% price increase goes into effect on December 18th, 2010.

http://www.usfirearms.com/newsletter-dec2010.html

More inflation.  Kinda closes the gap between Colt and USFA in terms of price.

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: USFA Announces Price Increase For 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 10:20:25 AM »
Kinda rough.  I wanted a Double Eagle, I thought it was too high at $1160.  I probably will never have one now.  I know they have to make a living and I wish them well.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline Charlie Bison

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 10:44:40 AM »
I'm not too thrilled about it.  :(

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:49:06 PM »

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 03:33:59 PM »
I'm not too thrilled about it.  :(

Me neither. :(
A work in progress.

Offline Garys4598

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 11:30:29 AM »
In spite of paying top-dollar for my case hardened 12/22, I guess I should feel fortunate that I jumped off the fence when I did.

::)

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 12:44:53 PM »
Now that they cost as much or more than a Colt, unless Colt raises it's prices, I would guess that Colt sales are going to go up.

Offline mtone

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 02:45:22 PM »
We'll have to wait and see how the street pricing shakes out.  Now with $140 difference between the USFA's standard SA (CC/DB) and the Colt SA (CC/DB),  you may find buyers gravitating towards the Colt.     They also may find an uptick in products not available from Colt such as the Bisley, Flattops, maybe even the Rodeo. 

With USFA being a stand alone operation making all (mostly) their own parts, I can understand the price increase.   But, it should have come in a smaller bump 6 months ago.  A big bump is very hard for the market to digest.   Given time, the market will deside the wisdom of this move. 

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 06:34:33 PM »

It's funny, with a lot of company's reducing there prices because of the times, that USFA would choose to raise theirs, this will be a big shot in the arm for Colt, and maybe it's time they got a break any who.

tEN wOLVES :-\ ??? ::)
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 07:21:20 PM »

It's funny, with a lot of company's reducing there prices because of the times, that USFA would choose to raise theirs, this will be a big shot in the arm for Colt, and maybe it's time they got a break any who.

Agreed.
A work in progress.

Offline Hungarian

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 07:47:47 PM »
This is just bad news.
I can buy new colts for $1170 (blued model) and free shipping! (Buds)
USFA SAA will cost $1121 + 50 shipping which makes the USFA $1 dollar more !!!!

Before I thought I was getting a bargain at USFA, now I am not as sure. I have seen a newer colt production SAA and it was very nice. USFA had a nice niche with their pricing.

I actually have saved up 920 bucks so far towards a USFA SAA but now when I am close, it moves farther away. (just my luck)

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 10:31:19 PM »

Unfortunately, it sometimes comes down to a matter of costs going up through no fault of the manufacturer.  Either the cost of keeping skilled personnel or the cost of materials, or even overhead.  (Sometimes "public" utilities jack their prices to the point where literally keeping the heat and lights on can be a real problem.)

I have held the price of my custom leather goods pretty much steady for the last four or five years.  I went to my leather supplier yesterday, and the wholesale price of topgrain cowhide sides has gone up to the point where I will have to raise my prices after the first of the year.  I haven't figured out how much yet, as the increase in cost of materials is not directly proportional to the prices.   :(

Of course, with two (or more) larger manufacturers being in direct competition, time will tell if the higher-priced one can maintain the price point.

Too bad for all of us, but...
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com