Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 09:22:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Cawfee Grub an Eggnog for December. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cawfee Grub an Eggnog for December.  (Read 24332 times)
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

If you can't do it horseback it's not worth doin

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 10:18:20 am »

Del...let me borrow the tazer.........just came back from town, when I left the neighbor watche me leave. I came home he walks over and said, Just get home?   Real Sherlock

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul"

Impeach the Moron's in the Whitehouse SOON!

'uva uvam vevindo varia fit"< It's a Motto

'Molon Labe"

A waist is a terrible thing to mind

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2010, 01:10:43 pm »

Heh, heh, heh…….

Got me three pounds of turkey wings. Can you say Buffalo Wings ?

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 01:29:27 pm »

Never tried em with turkey, but I do enjoy em.  I balieve they are one of God's own appetizers.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 02:17:43 pm »

Heh, heh, heh…….

Got me three pounds of turkey wings. Can you say Buffalo Wings ?

only 3 pounds?

'Molon Labe"

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 02:36:55 pm »

Del...let me borrow the tazer.........just came back from town, when I left the neighbor watche me leave. I came home he walks over and said, Just get home?   Real Sherlock

Was waitin on some bills ta pay.  Called the land lady an asked if she had mail for us cause we were gettin past due.  She say's oh yeah but they is just bills.  I went an grabbed em an they was open.  Give me the tazer please.  It's got some work ta do over here.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 02:48:28 pm »

‘Sperimental, Roo……….

Have yer mail sent here, Leo. I’ll make sure ya get yer chec…. uh….. bills.

1-877-876-2455

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 03:22:28 pm »

Mail from the insurance company we retrieved taday was postmarked Nov 15.  It was sent first class.  And no it weren't no check but we needed it to keep Lil's health insurance.  I did mention the Postmaster General and the word federal crime today.  We'll see what all good it does.  Got a PO box but a few things still come here.   

Roland Deschain

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 08:16:36 pm »

Damned if I didn’t cheat ‘n get away with it. Frozen Salisbury steak ‘n gravy over instant rice. Add a small can of sliced mushrooms when the frozen stuff comes out of the microwave for rearrangement.

The box says ‘family size’. If it’s a family of two maybe. Between the fat lady ‘n me, it’s gone. Pretty good too.

Real pleased with the new Pyrex. I always bust the frozen stuff out of the cardboard package ‘n put it in somethin’ more substantial. The quart ‘n a half worked very well.

It’s all cleaned ‘n put away or still dirty ‘n thrown away. Bed time.

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 10:54:08 pm »

Pyrex makes the best measurin cups too.  If ya drop one the floor will break afore it does.  Good stuff.

Havin corn beef hash fresh off the stove.  The rain come and it just sounds good tanight.

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2010, 02:06:48 am »

I seem to have the wide eyes tonight.  Decaf tonight instead of real Cawfee. We still have highs during the day of 60s and high 40s at night. We're supposed to have a cold front come through on Sun. We're gonna decorate the outside of the house on Sat. morning. The Cawfee should be ready about 0500.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2010, 06:06:39 am »

Fresh Coffee is up

'Molon Labe"

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2010, 07:26:00 am »

Thanks fer the Cawfee.  Woke at 0330 an reheated the left over hash and fried a couple a eggs to put on it.  Anyone says I don't take care of my wife I will kick them in place that hurts real bad.  I'm gettin used ta this schedule and feelin perty good this mornin. 

Rainin out but dang if it aint 50 degrees already.  Makes havin a smoke much nicer. 

Roland Deschain

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2010, 08:06:31 am »

Thanks for the coffee. Last day of babysitting for a week, next week........practice, practice, practice. We'll have to time our selections to see if we need to add or subtract choices. I've got one descant that I'm going to have to work on to see if I can use it................Buck Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 08:27:18 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee and grub.

'Tis 12 and overcast. High of 25.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2010, 08:43:22 am »

Buck, you's playin descants?  You must be doin good with them horns cause that stuff is hard in my experience.  Lucky for me the church goers ignored a flub or two.  It was Easter service an I was sweatin nails.  I found out that a congregation can be very forgiving.  When it was all said and done they acted like I was Louie Armstrong God bless em.

Roland Deschain

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2010, 11:11:58 am »

Been to the range this morning..it was cold 36° there. I took my "Pets" from the safe and shot them and took both our 1911's. I shot the revolvers very well with nice little groups. The 1911's different story, tried store bought and reloaded ammo same results. Start with 2 to 3 shot group then before I knew it, it was all over the paper.  Did get some magazine change practice in.  Home now got the revolvers cleaned got the Kimber broke down. Got brass in the tumbler. Got a fresh hot cup of coffee to warm me up then back to cleaning.

Got the slooooooooooooooo cooker loaded with cabbage rolls on low. Gonna throw some Brats in the remaining cabbage and some noodles or new potatoes and a generous dash of Carraway seed, in the pot and cook them up.

'Molon Labe"

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2010, 11:59:07 am »

Dang it, it's only 0850 an now I am hungry again.  I'm wantin ta make some linguisa omelets  but waitin fer Lil ta get home.  Time fer a little snack.  Got some crackers an smoked oysters lookin at me an I don't think I can resist.  At least I didn't say Bon-Bons.  I feel like I should say "I'm waitin ta watch ma stories", that's what the old gals used ta say. 

Roland Deschain

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2010, 12:16:26 pm »

Ain’t got a clue on supper. Maybe Arby’s. Everything I could toss in the pot is in the freezer. Too late.

The new pooch ‘cross the street is loose. He was standin’ at the curb, right where I dump pot liquors rather'n down the drain, lickin’ the concrete. I hit the horn when I turned onto the drive ‘n he hauled ass. Go back out ta get stuff out the station wagon ‘n he’s right back at it.

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2010, 12:57:44 pm »

I found that you can do your best ta train a dog but ya can't change it's mind.  They'll behave as a general rule but when somethin gets in their head they's gonna do it.  They just look at ya an say, "hey, at least I didn't c**p in yer shoe".  Simple creatures but good friends. 

Roland Deschain

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2010, 01:57:24 pm »

One of my SIL's dogs WILL cr@$ in your shoe if he gets the chance. Got a bunch of chihuahua in him, attitude in spades............Buck Roll Eyes Shocked

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2010, 03:32:27 pm »

One of my SIL's dogs WILL cr@$ in your shoe if he gets the chance. Got a bunch of chihuahua in him, attitude in spades............Buck Roll Eyes Shocked

Worst Angel ever did with the foot thing was roll around in ma dirty socks an then steal one.  She gave it up after a couple years and I started takin better care of ma feet.  It's almost like I took somethin precious away from her.

Roland Deschain

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2010, 03:55:28 pm »

Don’t remember the Sheppards or Stupid messin’ with shoes or socks. Shane would steal things off the table if ya turned yer back when I first brought ‘im home.

Folks ‘cross the street are home. I reckon they know the pup ain’t there.

On ‘nother note, the fat lady’s throat was scratchy yesterevenin’ ‘n about the same this mornin’. She come home from school ‘n ‘er voice was *gone*. Feels fine but can’t speak above a whisper. Gonna be a nice, quiet evenin’. Reckon she’ll be textin’ the kids.

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2010, 07:23:32 pm »

Got two sick wimmen here, myself.

Sadie's a snitch, if it ain't nailed down.............. Roll Eyes

Leo, been doing some descants since after Christmas last year. did a fanfare for Easter that was killer. there's a descant with the copy of Hark, the Herald, and Adestes Fidelis. Susie's got a better one for that one on her flute, so I'm letting her do it. She's also got Ave Maria down by ear, really sounds nice, too. We played at a UCC church twice during the summer. the last time, the choir director wanted Battle Hymn, so I did the written descant on the C trumpet. That was a busy weekend, two concerts at the county fair plus the church date. Lip was pretty set upon by the end..............Buck Roll Eyes Shocked

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2010, 07:43:06 pm »

Rita and I have been working on doll clothes for lexie for Christmas.  She cuts and pins, I do all the machine and hand sewing.  I got tired of sewing on snaps today and was going to pin.  got the isheet out to see how to pin them.  They got snatched, he would not leave them alone.  Gave up and went back to sewing snaps, he was OK with that, I guess pinning is Rita's job.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2010, 07:47:18 pm »

Guess the management doesn't want you trained for cross jobs, Del! Grin Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Cawfee Grub an Eggnog for December. « previous next »
Jump to: