Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 11:36:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Cawfee Grub an Eggnog for December. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cawfee Grub an Eggnog for December.  (Read 22905 times)
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« on: December 01, 2010, 07:58:15 am »

Ya All have a great month.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 08:22:51 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

'Tis 20 and overcast. "Cloudy and colder. Scattered flurries. Highs 23 to 28. West wind 10 to 20 mph."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 08:31:04 am »

Heck Slim, we're havin a tropical heat wave, It was up ta 32 when I got up.  Pass the sun tan lotion.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 08:51:24 am »

Don’t see much of a need to play with the scum or account for their disappearance.

Ennyways.........................

Virginia Beach, Oceana, Naval Air Station

Light Rain, 65°. Showers and thunderstorms before noon, then a chance of showers between noon and 3pm. Some of the storms could be severe. Temperature falling to around 55 by 5pm. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 22 mph becoming west. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tornado Watch - Hazardous Weather Outlook

Phooey, Arcey don't like wind. Sun's tryin' ta break thru now. Gottah go ta the grocery. Best go now.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 10:03:59 am »

Seen the pictures from the South this mornin.  Nuthin nice.  I hope the worst is over but it looks like they get more of the same up north.  Ya all keep yer heads down.

On a differnt note, I wonder how long bafore this thing gets in the wrong hands.  Don't get me wrong, I want our troops to have every advantage but it only takes one bad apple to spoil the barrel.  This is one scary piece of hardware.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101201/sc_afp/usmilitaryweaponsafghanistan

Roland Deschain

Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 10:21:04 am »

Mornin Y'all, calling for up to 2 inches of rain per hour here with temps in the low 60's, possible flooding and mud slides. Just what I need on my day off... Angry

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 11:25:27 am »

Hit the grocery ‘n it’s gettin’ dark in a hurry. Was in the back lookin’ at turkey parts – that’s ‘nother show – ‘n heard it on the roof. Back towards the front thru the glass ya could see the monsoon. I was hopin' I had all the glass shut in the station wagon. Shoppin’ carts rollin’ ‘cross the parkin’ lot powered by air. By the time I checked out it’d slacked to a light drizzle. Got back home the sun’s shinin’ again.

Now it’s gettin’ dark again.

Pot’s goin’ with chicken noodle soup in it.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 12:10:42 pm »

Sounds like a chicken noodle kinda day.  When the sun would come out like that for a spell ma Dad called them "sucker holes" cause folks would go out an get hit with the bad stuff off guard.  He was usually right about them things. 

Roland Deschain

Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 01:29:49 pm »

Had the last of the Turkey and Rice soup fer lunch, was real good, wish there was more... Sad

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 02:58:20 pm »

left overs is gone here now. Never thought about the change in month this morning, my bad.....Buck Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 03:17:03 pm »

Heck Buck, I had ta look at the calender ta notice it.  Was lookin at Lil's work schedual an realized we had made the jump.  We went from stayin up late playin cards ta preparin fer her to be up ta make it in by 0500.  We's partners after all so I get the Cawfee on and cook sumthin up while she is gettin ready.  Got a day off tammara so my eyes don't spring open at 0300.  Her days off are not consecutive so it is like ridin a yo-yo all week.   

Roland Deschain

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 03:41:50 pm »

Sounds like she’s workin’ for NAPA.

Got one of my Pyrex thingys 1730 yestitty. Ordered it 0149 Monday morn. Washed ‘n put away. T’other hunk is in Louisville.

AND THE NO YOKES DUMPLIN’ SIZED NOODLES ARE IN THE SOUP!!

Sorry….. Too much Iron Chef America ‘n Alton Brown’s mouth…….

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 04:35:13 pm »

The word "grub" is a regular part of this thing if the oz don't name it.  I like talking bout food an watchin them shows.  New tricks is always fun to learn and when you get one of them, "Oh damn I never thought of that" moments you realize yer time aint been wasted.  Get a little a bold yerself an try things ya never heard of an see how it comes out.  I aint servin dignitaries so either the little woman likes it or she don't an I file them accordingly.  So far I have a good batting average, only problem is sometimes I can't remember how I made somethin just so an someone asks fer it.  I got a problem with writin things down.

Roland Deschain

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 05:25:53 pm »

I'm here, talked to Santa last night, he's gonna try and get me a rush order for a tazer.  I need one to use on certain customers, certain co-workers and today, one of the bosses. Shocked

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 05:54:05 pm »

Two shots for the boss now, I'm makin' a list and I ain't gonna check it twice. Roll Eyes  Gonna get me some kaki's a Stetson Open Road and some mirrored sun glasses.

What we have here Boy, is a failure to communicate!!!!!!

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 06:17:42 pm »

Damned if I ain’t stuffed.

Iron Chef America, Good Eats, Flay’s Throw Down, Dinner Impossible, BBQ Pit Boys, Hell’s Kitchen ‘n Kitchen Nightmares all helped me pass the time whilst I was seriously on the mend. Might have learned a couple things I’ll try. Others are beyond my present capabilities ‘n I won’t try.

I got a real, live chef’s apron these days. Ties in front. Pin striped. ‘N I use it.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 06:32:55 pm »

I got a real, live chef’s apron these days. Ties in front. Pin striped. ‘N I use it.

Once ya got the apron yer right up-town.  I make those when I get cheap material.  I give them to my camp helpers, seems to make them feel special.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 07:35:57 pm »

One a them competition shows they had ta do a pork roast.  One feller perty much just dumped a 2 liter of Pepsi over his an I do balieve he won the thing.  Simple an good an they was up against a clock.  Perty smart if ya ask me...

Roland Deschain

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 11:43:58 pm »

Went back ta verk today. Made it thru on Fisherman's Friend, so I wasn't hacking too much. Co-workers were keeping their distance.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 04:49:50 am »

Cawfee is up.  Biskits with sausage gravy ready ta go.

Roland Deschain

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

If you can't do it horseback it's not worth doin

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 07:10:40 am »

thanks for the food and grub.   Looks like it's been a busy week here.

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul"

Impeach the Moron's in the Whitehouse SOON!

'uva uvam vevindo varia fit"< It's a Motto

'Molon Labe"

A waist is a terrible thing to mind

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 07:19:05 am »

Thanks, Leo, one of my favorites Grin

34 and snow here. Roads got kinda slippery last night, wife got to her bowling league and found out that they cancelled because a lot of them had road problems.She didn't have much trouble getting back, even though she was driving the horse......Buck Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 08:25:29 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee and grub, Leo.

'Tis 14 and flurrying. "Mostly cloudy with scattered flurries in the morning. Becoming partly sunny in the afternoon. Highs 23 to 28. West wind 5 to 10 mph."

Slim

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 09:25:52 am »

Once ya got the apron yer right up-town.  I make those when I get cheap material.  I give them to my camp helpers, seems to make them feel special.

The apron keeps my keys ‘n bet buckle off the counter top. I keep tellin’ myself it makes me a better cook………………………………

Partly Cloudy, 39°. Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. Northwest wind between 7 and 9 mph.

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2010, 10:02:21 am »

Nuthin like havin ta wash a dog at 6 in the AM.  Let the brat out ta do her business and instead she rolled around in somethin else's business and brought in ta the house.  One dog in the tub strugglin an bein stubborn an it's too early for this.  Lil gets a day off an this is how we start it.  No Milk Bone fer Angel this mornin.

Tis 40 an overcast.  Ya all have a good un. 

Roland Deschain

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Cawfee Grub an Eggnog for December. « previous next »
Jump to: