Author Topic: Brokedown with a load of Cowboy Guns  (Read 3116 times)

Offline FloraBama Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Florida Bordertown
    • Panhandle Cowboys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Brokedown with a load of Cowboy Guns
« on: May 06, 2004, 08:59:30 PM »
This is one of my greatest fears when traveling. Picture this: you just suffered unexpected vehicle trouble 500 miles from home. In the trunk or rear of vehicle packed away under who know how many bags of your wifes clothing is your CAS guns and ammo.

You determine it will take a repair shop so you call a wrecker with your cell phone. You can't leave your "stuff" in the vehicle and the repairs won't be done until the next day.

What do you do?

Things to consider:
1. did you pack your long guns in socks, soft or hard cases.
2. you have enough ammo for several matches. very heavy stuff!
3. you do not have a CCW and you could be in any of the lower 48 states.
4. did I say that you had 1 wife, 2 children and a dog?? :o
~~~SASS# 54776~~~ BOLD# 568~~~

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
Re: Brokedown with a load of Cowboy Guns
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 10:29:44 PM »
Pretty simple, actually - and I speak from experience.

Just load all of your stuff into the rental car after they deliver it to you at the shop.
Most likely, they'll pick it up at the same place upon repair completion, so you're set.
No muss - no fuss...

This sort of thing happens all the time - people having to remove their valuables from their car while it's being worked on - so it's not like you're sending up flags.

But the very thought of it does make you pull PMCS more often on your vehicle, doesn't it?

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Calamity Jane

• Top Active Citizen
    • Calamity Jane's
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 10:31:36 AM »
Considerin that many of my CAS trips also take me 'cross the Canada/US border, it's sommit I think 'bout often.

I don't got one o' them wireless voice tele-o-graphs yet but I'z considered gettin one 'n' makin sure I had the phone numbers of all me Cowboy Pards along me route.

If'n the iron pony waz busted, it'd sure be nice ta know ya had a Pard who would store yer shootin irons 'til ya waz ready ta hit the trail agin  ;D

Up here in Grandmother's Land, whar ya need a special permit ta transport yer shortarms outta yer home range, it ain't such a big deal. I know I could always call the Mounties 'n' they'd find me safe storage, but down south of the 49th I don't suspect the State Troopers would be as accommodating.....

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:16:22 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com