• Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
Scam
« on: November 09, 2010, 05:35:13 AM »
yeah RIGHT ! ::) ....it's a scam ! BEWARE

Just got this from my Spam email ...  >:(    They got my email from USFA Forum ...

You received the following message from: sandra23 (sandradickson36@yahoo.com)

At: http://forum.usfirearms.com/

Dearest in the lord

Am Mrs. Sandra Dickson an Sierra Leon nationality. I am married to late Mr. Emmanuel Dickson, who worked with Sierra Leon Embassy in London for 9 years before he died in the year 2007 after a brief illness that lasted for only five days. We were married for Eighteen years with a daughter (Lillian) who later died in a motor accident.
Before the untimely death of my husband, we were both born again Christians. Since after his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of US$7.5 M (Seven Million, Five hundred Thousand United States Dollars) in a General Trust Account with a City bank in London Presently, this money is still with the bank. ,
Recently, following my ill health, my Doctor told me that I may not last for the next six months due to  my cancer ailment. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to a Christian organization (Church) or individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein, according to the desire of my late husband before his death.
I want this fund to be used in Christians Activities like, Orphanages, Christian schools, and Churches for propagating the word of God and to Endeavour that the house of God is maintained. The Bible made us to understand that "Blessed is the hand that giveth. I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband's relatives are not Christians and I don't want my husband's efforts to be used by unbelievers. I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly way. This is why I am taking this decision.
I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. Exodus 14 VS 14 says that "the lord will fight my battle and I shall hold my peace". I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health hence the presence of my husband's relatives around me always. I don't want them to know about this development. With God all things are possible.

As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the bank here in London. I will also issue you the documents that will prove you as the present beneficiary of this fund. I want you and the Church to always pray for me because the lord is my shepherd. My happiness is that  I lived a life as a worthy Christian. Whoever wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and Truth.
Please always be prayerful all through your  life. Any delay in your reply will give me room in searching another church for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein. Hoping to receive your reply 

Remain blessed in the Lord.
Yours in Christ,
Mrs. Sandra Dickson
 >:(
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
Re: Scam
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 05:53:17 AM »
Recently I received an Email from India. Never heard of the person before. He was going to give 1.2 million dollars for helping him transfer some funds into the USA.

Yeah RIGHT!

My response was to hit the delete key.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 07:09:19 AM »
All it takes is for them to score with one or two people out of the thousands of emails they send out to make their living.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:40:37 PM »

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 12:16:10 PM »
I had no idea Jimmy Swaggart had moved to Nigeria.

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 03:00:51 PM »
Waht I love is when you get an identical email from three or four different names on the same day. ;D

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 04:55:01 PM »
I don't know...  she sounds like a nice lady.  Maybe we should all send her some money. ;D
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline Buck Stinson

• Top Active Citizen
    • Old West Reproductions, Inc.
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 10:44:26 AM »
I've been getting at least one of these every month for over a year.  They all come from different places around the world and say pretty much the same thing.  It's beyond me, how anyone could fall for this crap, but they do.  P.T. Barnum was right when he said "There's a sucker born every minute."

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 02:48:54 PM »
I guess we don't rate that high.  My wife only won $650,000 in a Social Security Number Lottery.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Skeeter Lewis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 02:52:26 AM »
I've just had another signed,'Remain Blessed in the Lord, your sister in Christ Mrs. Gordana Smith'.

There are some creeps out there....

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 10:38:18 AM »
I got the same one this morning. I advised USFA of what was going on but not sure what they can/will do.

Offline texagun

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 09:26:41 AM »
I got the same one this morning. I advised USFA of what was going on but not sure what they can/will do.

They removed and permanently banned the person from the forum.  There is little else that they can do.  These creeps join the forum, then pm or email other members.  Once reported, they are banned.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com