Author Topic: Lee Van Cleef Movies  (Read 29022 times)

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lee Van Cleef Movies
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2009, 09:34:44 PM »
I wouldn't speak too soon...

There's a good pard here who wears his guns like that with no problems.

Yup, it all depends on whether ya have a waistline and a, uh, caboose.

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2009, 09:40:52 PM »
They were showing 'Barquero' on the Western chanel on Dish Network (#529 out here); perhaps you could get someone to record it for you...

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 06:57:51 PM »
Yup, it all depends on whether ya have a waistline and a, uh, caboose.

;D ;D ;D

Yeah... well, I reckon that's something I don't have.  I'm kinda like one big lump.  The only contour I have is my belly which makes a fine beer resting spot. 8)

They were showing 'Barquero' on the Western chanel on Dish Network (#529 out here); perhaps you could get someone to record it for you...

Thanks!  I'll ask my brother to record it for me.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 07:05:41 PM »

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2009, 05:57:34 PM »
Watched God's Gun late last night on the westerns channel. Noticed a few interesting things. The first was that Richard Boone's was the only english-speaking actor whose voice was dubbed. He appeared to have saved his outfit from The Shootist (which in turn seems to have been the outfit from Hec Ramsey) so that must have kept down production costs. The voice thing intriqued me enough to check out Boone and the movie on the net. Westerns channel said movie was 1976, same year as The Shootist but internet said it was made in 1980. Biography of Boone said he died in 1981 of throat cancer. Closer look showed Boone wearing a scarf around his neck, which may have been covering a trach typical of laryngectomy patients, hence why his voice was dubbed.
The other thing of interest was that Van Cleef was wearing a gun rig typical of an Andy Anderson gunfighter rig, where the holster shank goes over the top of the belt and the holster is slightly muzzle forward. In the climactic shootout Van Cleef has with Jack Palance, he shoots Palance and then there is a closeup of him doing a very simple spin back into the holster. Trouble is, it's a different holster. The holster in the closeup is a drop loop style with a straight drop. Seconds later, he is shown again wearing the Anderson rig.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2009, 06:03:48 PM »
Well I gotta see that one now. 
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2009, 07:56:58 PM »
Well I gotta see that one now. 

Take two aspirin, wash 'em down with a jigger of single-malt Scotch, and lie down until the urge passes...  :)

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2009, 07:42:47 PM »
Take two aspirin, wash 'em down with a jigger of single-malt Scotch, and lie down until the urge passes...  :)

I love Spaghetties and love Van Cleef, but sadly... gotta agree with you on that one. :-X :-X ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2009, 08:08:50 PM »
Except for those items I found interesting, the movie was pretty much of a stinker. Van Cleef played the dual role of twin brothers and had this ridiculous wig on. Jack Palance looked like he thought it was a comedy and Richard Boone looked like he wished he was somewhere else.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2009, 09:11:20 PM »
And then the brilliant acting stylings of girl heartthrob turned jailed drug addict... Leif Garrett... :P :P :P

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2009, 12:21:20 AM »
Nobody told me Leif was in it.  I'm out.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2009, 05:57:37 AM »
Nobody told me Leif was in it.  I'm out.

I told you it was a stinker.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com