Author Topic: Lee Van Cleef Movies  (Read 28876 times)

Offline Angel_Eyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lee Van Cleef Movies
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 05:04:03 PM »
I have to say that, though I really enjoyed the majority of films that he played in, some of his fellow actors could have done with a lot more 'method' tuition. He always seemed to be 'in' the part, except for the love scene in El Barcadero, needed more practice!!
Took his nickname 'Angel Eye's' as my alias for my British Western Shooting.

UKshooter
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 396
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 07:48:26 PM »
"Angel-eyes" is a much better handle than "Yew-Kay-Schuter"!  Get with it.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline Angel_Eyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2009, 08:55:54 AM »
Sir Charles,
               Ah jest knowed ah wus gonna get sum stick fer that!!!

Only used UKshooter to give you guys a clue to where I was, am I allowed to change to Angel Eyes, and how do I go about it???
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 11:48:04 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 11:08:52 AM »
Trinity, You just can't appreciate true musical talent when you hear it.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 11:18:16 AM »
Personally I always preferred him playing the heavy in all the old "B" Westerns,,,and he was in a whole bunch of them.

Yup, including High Noon.  In fact, he IS the opening scene. 8)  He was the second bad guy that Gary Cooper plugged in the final shootout.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 06:46:36 PM »
Trinity, You just can't appreciate true musical talent when you hear it.

Hmmm.  I've been told that before.  Right after I made a disparaging comment about Mr. Spock's singing career. :D  Maybe I need to just open my mind and give it another listen...
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2009, 07:14:29 PM »
Hmmm.  I've been told that before.  Right after I made a disparaging comment about Mr. Spock's singing career. :D  Maybe I need to just open my mind and give it another listen...

Well ya compare Spock's singing ta Kirks an oh man, yer askin a lot.  The bar was set waaaay to high ;D

Thought that was Lee in High Noon, just never confirmed it.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 09:10:11 AM »
Lee was thiiner back then. He had hair and didn't have a mustache. He looked a little different then than when he did the spagetti westerns.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 12:17:47 PM »
I saw High Noon over the weekend, maybe on TCM. I have a thing for gun rigs and remember when I was a kid being impressed by these gun rigs consisting two holsters with two separate belts, each low slung at a 45 degree angle. I'm sure they were totally impractical as they would be falling off all the time but it made an impression on me as a kid that it was THE way to wear them. It's the way Van Cleef wears them in High Noon and doesn't Jack Palance wear them that way in Shane?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 02:09:01 PM »
The practicality of wearin like that is nil.  I ordered a rig an the fella asked ma waist size.  He built it ta wear like that an it was a disaster.  Sent it back an he gave me one that I could actualy work with.  It does look cool though.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 12:44:59 PM »
The practicality of wearin like that is nil.  I ordered a rig an the fella asked ma waist size.  He built it ta wear like that an it was a disaster.  Sent it back an he gave me one that I could actualy work with.  It does look cool though.

Yeah, it looks cool but you would have to have a way to anchor it at the hip. It's still a picture in my subconscious of how I remember the movie cowboys wearing them even though most did not. I think probably they were pictured that way in some of the western comics as well or the covers of dime novels. I wonder how many times during the shooting of the movie, Van Cleef had to hitch them up.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 04:36:26 PM »
It would be embarrasing for your pants to fall down due to the positioning of your gunrig.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 05:14:50 PM »
I sent the thing back right away.  It was stamped 34 but must a been a 58.  It may have just been a mistake.  I had a propper fitting rig within a week.

Roland Deschain

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 09:27:53 PM »
My favorite Van Cleef role was Col. Mortimer in For a Few Dollars More ; didn't noticed until The Good, Tne Bad, and The Ugly that h'es missing a part of one finger, or was that a stand in? Seem to me he also did a short lived TV ninja series, Called "The Master", as I recall. It was pretty good, except for the infernal surfer style background music. Anyone recall it?

The sound of the Jews Harp always made me snicker, especially when Col. Mortimer taunted Klaus Kinski with the match and the lit cigar to light his pipe. :D
That said, For a Few Dollars More is my all time favorite Leone Western.
A work in progress.

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2009, 09:28:59 PM »
Yes, he was building a playhouse (or something similar) for his daughter and uh ... missed.

Ouch!!!
A work in progress.

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 09:45:30 PM »
I just watched Barquero for the first time yesterday....

What love scene? Did I sleep through the one with Marianne Hartley or was he taliking aobut the scene with Vancleef and Maria Gomez are lying in bed together?

Actually, I thought it was a pretty good movie ...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 10:02:02 PM »
The sound of the Jews Harp always made me snicker, especially when Col. Mortimer taunted Klaus Kinski with the match and the lit cigar to light his pipe. :D
That said, For a Few Dollars More is my all time favorite Leone Western.

I'll watch that one (there is a pun there) but always found it ta be creepy.  That was some wierd music.

Roland Deschain

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2009, 05:57:38 PM »
I'll watch that one (there is a pun there) but always found it ta be creepy.  That was some wierd music.

While not thru personal experience, I have it on good authority that the liberal application of, ah, giggle-weed makes it look, sound and feel "normal"...  ::) ;)  In fact, I've been told that it sometimes becomes downright hilarious!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2009, 08:19:58 PM »
While not thru personal experience, I have it on good authority that the liberal application of, ah, giggle-weed makes it look, sound and feel "normal"...  ::) ;)  In fact, I've been told that it sometimes becomes downright hilarious!

Well all I know is that after a couple of beers it makes ya feel like ya need a shower.  Hell, even iced tea ya'd prolly feel the same.

Roland Deschain

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2009, 07:34:05 PM »
The practicality of wearin like that is nil.  ...

I wouldn't speak too soon...

There's a good pard here who wears his guns like that with no problems.

;)

As many spaghetties I've seen, I have yet to see Barquero. :(
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com