Author Topic: Possibility of USFA building Colt 1878 shotgun?  (Read 4242 times)

Offline jphendren

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Possibility of USFA building Colt 1878 shotgun?
« on: October 21, 2010, 08:57:34 PM »
Any correlation?

This post was found on SASS Wire:

"It will be a hammered coach gun, 20", 12 ga, 100% American made by a major firearms manufacturer in the USAand has been reverse engineered using 3 pristine original 1878 Colt SXS Coach Guns to build all the tooling which is in place.The only item sourced outside the manufacturer were barrels,,,built and warrantied in the Eastern USA (not at liberty to divulge maker yet).It has been an onging and patiently thought out project since its inception 3 years ago and will only be announced and sold when it has been thoroughly tested and inventory exists to support mass sales.100% American walnut stocks, and will be offered in various Grades of craftsmanship including engraving and wood gradations as well as a 28" model, choked and unchoked...But again, unlike some new firearms, this gun will only be released when it is ready for sale with all support services in place and running.This gun is being designed and built specifically, but not limited to , CAS and wil be released in race ready to go the range trim.
All I can divulge at this point is that it is happening and close to release.
Anticipated MSRP for basic models will be under $800, with Full US Warranty and all Warranty work performed in the USA. "

And this is found on the the "Careers at USFA" webpage:

"USFA...
Highest quality production...
Means highest quality people...

Work in “European Style” modern factory... in Hartford - 15 years!

USFA pays highest wages. Looking for the following handwork skills:

Revolver
Automatic Pistol
New Shotgun Program"

Any possibility that USFA is building a 1878 Colt shotgun?

Jared

Offline Hobie

• Top Active Citizen
    • Shooting with Hobie
  • Liked:
Re: Possibility of USFA building Colt 1878 shotgun?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 01:14:18 PM »
Well, that is a product that I would buy.  The short version interests me.  HOWEVER, I've been told some other of the coach guns are wonderful only to find that they are heavier than originals with 28" barrels.  I don't know if this is purposefully done to mitigate recoil for those sensitive CAS types or due to producer inadequacies.  I wonder what this shotgun will weigh.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson

Offline Marshal Deadwood

• SHOOTER FOR HIRE
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Home of the Plainsmen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 08:24:28 AM »
I'd be interested too. No gunmakers quality even comes close to USFA.

Lord, how I wish they'd produce a '73 Winchester !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:21:11 AM »

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 01:21:05 PM »
Put me down for one!  The shotgun is the only thing I have not made in the USA.  That would complete my battery, and all guns from USFA.
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com