Author Topic: Report of 1st annual DivMO field manuvers.  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Report of 1st annual DivMO field manuvers.
« on: October 19, 2010, 06:13:18 PM »
To: Brigade Commander, GAF, and Brigade Staff inclusive.

Regarding:  Recent manuvers,  DivMO.

Sir, I have the pleasure to inform you of the recently completed annual manuvers of the Division of Missouri.

Operating in cooperation with the Local constabulary, as well as the citizen Militia of  C.O.W.S.  ( Central Ozark Western Shooters)    DivMO  completed its 1st  annual training exercise.  Though DivMOs  involvement  was limited by the numbers of troops available, it was considered by all involved a great success,  with the  hope of greater numbers to come in future endevours,

This years exercise  emphasized urban warfare, with engagements  utilizing cover and movement from windows, obstacles and  vehicles.  It was also a “No Miss” exercise,  with all participants expected to make up any misses with carried ammunition.   Of the men taking part, I can report these awards given.

Marksman:
-1st- LTC  C. “Drydock” Luetkemeyer
-2nd- Corporal “Dusty” Tagalong
-3rd- Captian Les “Pony Express” Richardson

Marksman BP:
-1st-  Major Paul “Windy City Joe” Swalina

Rifleman:
-1st- Trooper “Wooly” Dan Cardea

The field uniform inspection graded out as
-1st- LTC Drydock
-2nd-Major Windy City Joe
-3rd-Corporal Tagalon

With a Marksman 1st and  a Uniform 1st,  LTC Drydock was awarded the Division Championship for this  years  exercise.  But it was a well fought victory, with Corporal Tagalong close behind.  Indeed, in two of the individual manuvers the difference between the two was under a second.    All the men  finished with a clean match, no misses, no  procedurals.  Not an easy  feat; of the 59 total competitors, 19 finished with misses  from lack of ammunition in the field.  

All the men conducted themselves smartly in the field,  garnering much praise from those about  them.  It is  hoped that this will lead to further recruitment among the locals in the coming  year.

LTC C. Luetkemeyer,   Ordnance, GAF.
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Re: Report of 1st annual DivMO field manuvers.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 07:39:07 PM »
As an aside, Dusty can really crank a Krag,  and is damn fast with a New Army revolver.  Windy City Joe does the best Spencer reload I've ever seen, and Wooly Dan was a pleasure to meet, aquitting himself well in his first match with a Trapdoor.  And its always a pleasure shooting with Pony Express.
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Capt. Montgomery Little

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 10:08:08 PM »
Bvt. LTC Drydock  I am extremely pleased to hear of the showing the men of the Division of Missouri made during the weekend past. Please accept my gratitude for your leadership during this exercise in my absence and accolades to the men of DivMO for their performance.
I shall be away from the Post for the next 5 days to attend a disturbance in the Branson area. It appears that approximately 210 rowdy cowboys will be raising a ruckus in that general vicinity and I have been asked to help quell the disturbance and assist in supplying some special needs they may have. I leave you in command of the Division until my return.

Bvt LTC Montgomery Little, Senior Chaplain, GAF
                                      Commander, Division of Missouri

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:25:53 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com