Author Topic: Longhunter Rodeos  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Tye Riverman

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Longhunter Rodeos
« on: October 19, 2010, 06:12:00 PM »
Hey pards,
Anyone know for sure if the prefix "L" on a rodeo indicates that is is a gun from Longhunter.  I am looking at a used set on the internet and trying to figure out if they are acutally Longhunter guns or not.  I have a se of premiums from him and they do not have the L prefix.  I read a Taffin artical and he indicated they had a "LH" prefix.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Tye 

Offline Tye Riverman

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Longhunter Rodeos
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 08:58:13 PM »
Found my answer over on the SASS Wire.
Thanks,
Tye

Offline wileycoyote

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 09:28:47 AM »
Found my answer over on the SASS Wire.
Thanks,
Tye

over at SASS Wire you posted that "It looks like the single L doesn't really indicate a Longhunter gun", but also discovered that "LH" does indeed mean that LHSS had them thru the shop.

and that you were checking with them about your guns and if they did the action work on them. if you find out any additional info about prefixes, please post it here.

(i have an "L" model that was from LHSS)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:42:41 PM »

Offline Tye Riverman

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 09:06:19 AM »
Below is a copy of what I found out on the SASS Wire.  Looks like the L prefix is simply part of the serial number from USFA.  I still do not know for sure.  The price on the Rodeos on the internet is still to high to warrant a call to Longhunter.  If it drops I may give him a call.  If they do not lower the price I will most likely call him anyway to order a new set.  I'll ask him if I do.
Tye

The older Long Hunter Rodeos did have the LH--- prefix, but since last year or a little before they stopped with the LH prefix guns and they have just plain serial numbers now. You can tell Jims guns by the action, the rear sight will be wider and the hammer will either be jeweled or polished. I'm sure he will be glad to tell you if he gets the serial # from you. I used to sell these guns for Jim and the last ones I remember selling was in the LH4?? range, this was about the time they stopped with the LH prefix.

Hope this will help in some form or fashion,

Slick

Offline mtone

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 11:31:05 AM »
From USFA:  Until they reach reach L999, the "L" serial denotes a 4 3/4" Rodeo (not caliber specific) and the "S" a 5 1/2".   When the 999s are reached, don't know what the next prefix will be.  Ocassionally, you'll see an "L" with a 5 1/2" barrel (or an "S" with a 4 3/4").  That happens when after the gun is numbered the dealer/customer changes the barrel length.

Offline Tye Riverman

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 09:06:11 PM »
Here is what I received from Long Hunter.  FYI

Tye,
I can't say without going through 7 years of books. The L serial numbers are
standard USFA numbers. The first 480 of ours had an LH prefix before we went
back to their standard numbering system four years ago. We have sold around
2,000 USFA's since then. We did this because of supply from the factory.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com