Author Topic: New Hampshire dealer w/selection?  (Read 5827 times)

Offline McRaven

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Hampshire dealer w/selection?
« on: May 06, 2004, 08:17:01 AM »
Can anyone from the Northeast recommend a New Hampshire dealer that may have a reasonable selection of CAS firearms in stock?

Thanks,

McRaven
"You bring silver. Senor?"
"Nope, just lead..."

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: New Hampshire dealer w/selection?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 04:15:18 PM »
McRaven,

You can purchase firearms over the internet.  Via www.gunbroker.com or www.auctionarms.com.  I am sure that there are others.  You can even purchase from Cimarron.  All you need to do is have a dealer in New Hampshire take shipment and do the yellow form.  The auction websites will also help you find an FFL in your area for that.  You are not limited in your options buddy.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Shiloh Sharpie

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 07:25:31 PM »
Kittery Trading Post in ME and Riley's in NH are sources for all types of guns. To me, Kittery is real eye candy, and they will bring guns over the border to NH, so I think you can buy pistols from them as a NH resident, but chack to be sure.  Riley's has less of a selection in the store but wil order for you and their retail prices are the best  I have seen in the area.

Both have websites of you are not familiar with their locations.
Shiloh Sharpie
SASS 10477 Life
-------------------------------------------------------
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:38:28 AM »

Offline McRaven

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 08:41:18 AM »
Thanks Matt and Shiloh!

Matt, I've a problem with not touching and feeling before buying so I stay away from GB and AA. Unless I'm looking for something I'm certain about I want to hold it first. I've an RV now but sold my second about a year ago and was thinking of a Cimarron but can't find anyone that has them on hand.

Shiloh, Kittery does do cross border to NH. I've bought a couple of moderns from them in the past. Rifles you can carryout but handguns need to be transported to their office in NH. Simple deal and works well. Only problem with Kittery is the volume. It can take hours to get helped and transacted. And, it's an hour or so from me. Rileys is my usual haunt and I need to get back up there to see what they have. I may end up with another RV again.

Thanks again! McRaven
"Nope, just lead..."

Offline Caucasian Wingnut

• Active citizen
    • The Woodbury Guild
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 09:11:55 AM »
try this one:
Trader John's Gun Shop
P.O. Box 143 Rt. 10
Winchester, New Hampshire 03470
United States
603-239-4032

Has a pretty good supply of stuff and may have some Cowboy stuff too. I believe there is a local Cowboy club in the area also.

And I know what you mean about wanting to hold onto something and seeing how it feels, before laying down $$

Hope this helps
Sweep Yankee
"You best SMILE when you call me a "Fuzzy Yellow Belly Chicken"

CORR of CT.

Offline Shiloh Sharpie

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 10:44:07 AM »
Thanks Matt and Shiloh!

Matt, I've a problem with not touching and feeling before buying so I stay away from GB and AA. Unless I'm looking for something I'm certain about I want to hold it first. I've an RV now but sold my second about a year ago and was thinking of a Cimarron but can't find anyone that has them on hand.

Shiloh, Kittery does do cross border to NH. I've bought a couple of moderns from them in the past. Rifles you can carryout but handguns need to be transported to their office in NH. Simple deal and works well. Only problem with Kittery is the volume. It can take hours to get helped and transacted. And, it's an hour or so from me. Rileys is my usual haunt and I need to get back up there to see what they have. I may end up with another RV again.

Thanks again! McRaven

McRaven - Transporting to their office in NH is crossing the border so I guess you verified my point that Kittery works in NH.  I know it takes time, but we can't have everything and I thought you were looking for a good selection.  Kittery sometimes has very nice stuff.   Anyway it seems you have some special requirements and I hope you can satisfy them.  Good luck in your search.  I myself cover more bases than local shops and like to use gunbroker.com, where I have legally bought and sold items through FFL holders. But I am speaking for me and not suggesting it suits you. 
Shiloh Sharpie
SASS 10477 Life
-------------------------------------------------------
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them.

Offline McRaven

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 06:18:41 PM »
All good advice, thanks again!

Yankee, Winchester isn't too far from me. I'll give them a call and maybe drive over.

Shiloh, not special requirements really, but returning a firearm even to a  local dealer is a pain, let alone by mail. I'm just anal about touching and feeling before I shell out the cash.

Kittery has a great overall selection and I may just travel up to see. Traded in on a Colt M1991A1 they had last summer. Took an hour to get waited on, another hour to transact (got beat on the trade-in!) and then the trip over the border. I may try to pick a "low volume" time to go.

Regards, McRaven
"Nope, just lead..."

Offline Caucasian Wingnut

• Active citizen
    • The Woodbury Guild
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2004, 08:20:43 PM »
Howdy McRaven

I was just up in Surry NH. today (Sat. 22 May) at a friend's wedding and stopped by Trader Johns for a look see.

He has got a good selection of SA's (Rugers and others) and a few lever guns that you can use. Also several SxS shotguns.

Stop on over and have a peek

Swamp Yankee
"You best SMILE when you call me a "Fuzzy Yellow Belly Chicken"

CORR of CT.

Offline McRaven

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004, 11:28:11 AM »
Thanks Swamp Yankee! Long weekend coming up and I'll make the trip over!

McRaven
"Nope, just lead..."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com