Author Topic: Movies that are finally making it to DVD  (Read 4639 times)

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Movies that are finally making it to DVD
« on: September 24, 2010, 02:35:02 PM »
Amazon dot com is advertising the Lee Marvin version of "Monte Walsh" as being available October 12. I ordered it last night.

The Kris Kristoherson movie, "The Tracker," will be out in November, according to Amazon dot com. The Tracker, in my estimation, though hard and gritty at times, was an enjoyable movie for me. However, they notified me that it was shipped today.

If we keep requesting, and buying these movies, many more of the good ones will make it to DVD.

Bill

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Movies that are finally making it to DVD
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 03:11:48 PM »
I've got The Tracker on dvd and according to Amazon the dvd was released in 2001. Maybe they're repackaging them, but the release of Monte Walsh is good news. ;D
Now if they would just release Red Headed Stranger and Barbarosa. ::)
A work in progress.

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 03:15:15 PM »

<snip>
the release of Monte Walsh is good news. ;D

<snip>

You betcham Red Ryder...

Bill

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:15:07 AM »

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 06:41:38 PM »
I agree on the release of Red Headed Stranger, but I have Barbarosa on DVD already. Bought it off e-bay. Two of my favorite movies.

Another I bought off e-bay is a movie named Gunfighters Moon. Not a great movie (shares the plot of Shane and Pale Rider) but one that is enjoyable to watch. I would recommend it for the gunfight scene among others.
Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 08:15:48 PM »
For movies that are not on DVD ....

One of my favorite movies is 'The Wonderful Country' with Robert Mitchum (1948)

Sort of a cowboy-flick-meets-film-noir ... but the whole thing was shot just as Technicolor was stretching its wings .... and the thing was shot in the high Sonoran Desert of Northern Mexico ... and when the desert was in full bloom ... they must have had a crew running around looking for Century plants in bloom ... That it has Satchel Paige (yes, THAT Satchel Paige) is just an added plus ...

But it was never released in VHS or DVD .... So I took my Tivo and recorded it when it came the Western Channel, made a VHS copy and had a friend transfer it to DVD ... took the marquee and shrunk it down to DVD size, and voila; A DVD with a cover!

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Mossyrock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 08:25:44 PM »
Want to make my day?  Release the Ed Harris version of "Riders of the Purple Sage" on DVD, along with Selleck's "High Road to China".
Mossyrock

"We thought about it for a long time... 'Endeavor to persevere.' And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union."

Lone Watie

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 11:01:52 PM »
Mossyrock,

You might want to go the route that I did above ... just on a newer movie, I would not be so apparent about it .... *S*

Just tape it on to a VHS from your Tivo, and then find a friend with a VHS to DVD recording machine ... I know that I have watched 'High Road to China' several times on Direct TV ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1215
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 02:54:19 PM »
Yeah, just noticed Barbarosa today in the $5 bin at Walmart.  It was on a 4-movie disk with Cheatin' Hearts, South of Heaven West of Hell (or something like that) and one other.

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 08:01:48 PM »
Want to make my day?  Release the Ed Harris version of "Riders of the Purple Sage" on DVD, along with Selleck's "High Road to China".

"High Road to China," is on DVD. I have it...

Bill

Offline Mossyrock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 07:59:30 AM »
"High Road to China," is on DVD. I have it...

Bill

Well, according to Amazon, it has not been "officially" released in a format that will work in the US.  There are bootleg copies on Ebay, though....
Mossyrock

"We thought about it for a long time... 'Endeavor to persevere.' And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union."

Lone Watie

Offline Buffalo Creek Law Dog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 07:15:24 AM »
I'm still waiting for Son of the Morning Star with Gary Cole as Custer.  I have it on VHS but, it is not out yet in DVD format.
SASS 66621
BOLD 678
AFS 43
NFA
ABPA

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 07:32:28 PM »
I'm lookin' for 'Texas Across the River' with Dean Martin and Joey Bishop. Bishop played Kronk the indian sidekick, and had a line when the settlement was under an indian attack of "the only good indian is a dead indian". The looks he gets from the other actors is priceless.

Offline Deadeye Dick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Deadeye & His Belle
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 07:57:58 PM »
"  Kronk make joke  "

Try googling it on line. There are several outfits that advertise it on DVD. Not sure of their reliability though.
Amazon shows it here:     http://www.amazon.com/Texas-Across-River-Dean-Martin/dp/630292149X

Deadeye Dick
NRA LIFE, NCOWS #3270, BLACK POWDER WARTHOG, STORM #254,
  DIRTY RATS #411, HENRY #139, PM KEIZER LODGE #219  AF&AM

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 05:54:57 PM »
The movie was hilarious. One line Joey Bishop had was, "Hey, they're right, we do all look alike in the dark"
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com