Author Topic: I'm fightin' back!  (Read 6473 times)

Offline Boston John Doucette

• Wistful Dreamer
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I'm fightin' back!
« on: June 29, 2005, 02:50:50 PM »
I have just spammed 500 e-mails to various addresses in Nigeria...

"Dear Sir:

I have recently inherited $5,000,000 (five million dollars U.S) from a relative overseas. Unfortunately, the inheritance laws in the United States will tax me very heavily if I accept this money into the country.

To this end, I am willing to deposit into your account the aforementioned $5,000,000 and allow you to keep any and all interest earned, PLUS split the amount with you for your trouble, whereby you will keep $2,000,000 and deposit the remaining $3,000,000 into another account which you will set up on my behalf.

Please send me all of your bank information: name, address, account numbers (and access codes) to which you would like the money sent, and, as an act of good faith, please remit to me a cashier's check in the amount of $100,000 which will be returned to you upon the depositing of the $5,000,000.

Thank you, and I look very forward to our profitable business venture together.

Sincerely,

Boston John Doucette
Green River, USA"

;D ;D
I love my dogs, I'm real attached to my guns, and I'm right partial to my wife.

Offline Matthew Duncan

• Cutter’s Raiders# 13
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 23189
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: I'm fightin' back!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 03:22:09 PM »
Well my daughter is living in West Africa.  She can set up an account for you and charge you only $1,000,000 up front.
Major General J.E.B. Stuart's Division
Captain 1st Maryland Artillery, C.S.A.
SASS# 23189

Disclaimer:  I have not slept in any hotel recently, not a certified CAS rule web lawyer.  Have not attended any RO III or RO VI classes.  Opinions expressed are by a cowpoke who believes the year is 1868.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 05:08:11 PM »
How many checks do ya think ya will get?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:17:27 AM »

Offline Chick Brewster

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 05:57:48 PM »
Well unfortunately that works on the morons here in the states...  should work on foreign morons! Hey that almost rhymed  :D

-cb-
Old Cowboy's Advice:  " Never miss a chance to keep your mouth shut! "

Three Gaited Horse For Sale...  Stumble, Fart & Fall

Offline RIO DEL RIO

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 06:44:29 PM »
Gee you must have the same "friend" we have.  We received 11 pleas for assistance from the same person this week.  Last week we received similar requests (57 in all) from a "friend" in Germany.  We don't speak or read German very well but got the general idea because of EURO with a lot of zero's attached.  Obviously our spam guards are not working.  3 inches of rain today, and still pouring.  Regards  RIO

Offline Big John Denny

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 08:06:29 PM »
The Nigerians used to send out letters. Unfortunately for us, they've managed to steal enough money from the idiots who responded to their letters to buy computers to vex us with.

The problem was so bad the US Secret Service took over responsibility for tracking the Nigerian letters and trying to get folks there prosecuted (can you spell fat chance). Perhaps they've already added the spam e-mail solicitations to their list as well. You might be surprised that some e-mails can probably be traced right back her to the good old USA, since we have so many Nigerians living here now.
Big John Denny, SASS 64775
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
SBSS #1780 (Order of the Golden Bullet)
NMLRA
NRA
"Aim small....Miss small"

Book Miser

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 08:24:40 AM »
Well, I know a number of Nigerian-Americans, living as I do in this third-world slum called Baltimore.

And I'll tell you that, to a person, they are all busy busting butt, trying to become Americans: becoming naturalized citizens, working two or three jobs, and pursuing college degrees.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the scam emails are coming from native-born Americans. If I might, I think Big John's remark ("since we have so many Nigerians living here now") borders on the offensive.

Offline Frank Dalton

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 12:40:24 PM »
How many checks do ya think ya will get?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Slim

It should only take one to make a profit!  ;D
Frank Dalton
US Deputy Marshal
Indian Territory
SASS# 54716L
USFA CSS# 59
GAF# 360
STORM# 268
Perge Scelus Mihi Diem Perficias

Offline Charlie Montana # 16369 Life

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 08:15:17 PM »
You forgot to include your address. I am eagerly writing out your check right now. I just need to know where to mail it to you. :D ;D ;)

• Wistful Dreamer
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 09:14:50 PM »
Sorry about that, Charlie...

Just send it to "General Dlivery", Green River, Wyoming 82935.

The General will make sure I get it  ;D

Oh yeah... Book Miser?
Lighten up, for Pete's sake!  ::)
Sheesh... 

BJD

Book Miser

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 10:21:08 PM »
I have been accused of excessive sensitivity. And about a hundred pigs just winged their way past my second-floor window.

Offline Big John Denny

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2005, 12:11:40 AM »
Book Miser, I apologize if you found my original post offensive, it wasn't meant to be. I can only speak from my own experience and having been responsible for investigating some of the old Nigerian letters received by personnel of US Government agencies prior to my retirement, I can tell you that some of the funds stolen during the letter scam era were in fact traced back to banks in the US to accounts held by local Nigerian residents. Not every member of any nationality is a crook, but the ones sending out these solicitations are for sure crooks.
Big John Denny, SASS 64775
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
SBSS #1780 (Order of the Golden Bullet)
NMLRA
NRA
"Aim small....Miss small"

Book Miser

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2005, 07:54:30 AM »
Big John,

I'm not personally offended by that remark, but it appears we live in a world in which even well-founded generalizations need to be checked.

Perhaps it is I who should apologize. I live in a neighborhood where "caucasians"--native-born Americans of European extraction--represent perhaps one-fifth of the population. When I'm having a good day, it seems to me that merely going to the grocery store is the equivalent of a trip to the third world, without the necessity for air travel. Most days it's overwhelmingly tiresome to feel that I have become a stranger in a strange land, in the place I have lived for thirty years. Multiple standards of expected behavior exist for these different ethnic groups, and for some peculiar reason, "my" group is held to the highest; which is to say that someone is bound to take offense at even my most well-intended actions and words.

Couple that with the fact that I have been a denizen of The Rugged Individualist, a forum where not only to feelings and expressions have been known to run wild, but which has also given a sort of harsh reputation to those of us who have been regulars. I recall being castigated on The Wire for being a rowdy and a roughneck, in a thread in which I'd not participated, and by someone unknown to me.

Being relatively new here, I am still searching for the group's norm. Better, perhaps, if I confine my replies to threads that relate purely to shooting, until I'm more well-versed in the tone here, and more familiar to the regulars.

:-[

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2005, 10:21:46 AM »
Hey, Book, c'mon down here for a spell.  We don' need no steenkin' third world interlopers.  We ARE a third world country, just looking for a change of political boundaries, in southern California.

(Now, that's one of the advantages of living here: I can pick on Califorrnia, but outsiders can't.)

::) ::) ::)
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

• Wistful Dreamer
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2005, 11:23:25 PM »
Whoops...
Looks like I might have stuck my boot in my mouth.

Sorry, Book Miser. I though you were being over-reactionary to a little humor.

I full well understand where you're coming from, though.
I, too, live in a third-world nation... it's called Wyoming.
Why, just last night there was a major fire in my bathroom facilities... good thing it didn't spread to the house!  ;D
Left one hole inoperable, though >:(

Yep... Wyoming's just like a third-world emerging nation: we've got sand, poverty, wealth, oil wells, very few people and not [nearly] enough water, very little industrial development and lots of wild animals.
God!  I LOVE it here!  8)

BJD

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2005, 02:08:18 PM »
Hey, BJ, sounds just like here.

We have lots of sand (and surfers, bums, hippies, yippies, lippies, and horses patoots), poverty (although not near as much as some folks would lead you to believe), wealth (beyond imagination...my crummy little 1977 vintage, $44,000  house is now worth almost $490,000), oil wells (but the environmentalcases won't let us pump from them), very few people (worth knowing and associating with), and not nearly enough water (but that doesn't stop every municipality from watering parks in the heat of the day), too.

;D :o ::)
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2005, 09:37:38 PM »
So that's why the phone was busy when I tried to call back :o :o :o
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

Badlands Walker

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2005, 08:12:45 PM »
Why didn't I think of this??? :o

Offline Vin Weasel

• Singin' Cowboy
  • Active citizen
  • Green River, WY
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2005, 10:41:17 PM »
I'm with ya, BJD.  If'n ya need any help recovering your inheritance, I'll be more'n happy to come over and lend a hand.  I think I'll steer clear of the bathroom fires, tho!  ;D
Vin
"Let 'er buck."

SASS #60291
NRA
BASS
Presidential Prayer Team
PBR

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • "I'm ordering you to volunteer again Sgt. Tyree...
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2005, 06:44:28 PM »
Yep, I figure I have won about 328 million last count. When it get's to a billion, I will buy Nigeria...

LazyK Pejay

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com