Author Topic: Yeah, Im clueless.  (Read 2505 times)

Offline toddsmith

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Yeah, Im clueless.
« on: September 06, 2010, 12:58:21 AM »
Hi Im new,

I actually joined this forum cause I'm trying to find out information on a singer 29K51 i have. I was cleaning the upstairs and found this awesome machine. I turned the wheel and it turns half way very easy then its hard to move but possible (oil it?) Not sure why it does it. Also has the stand and everything. (will add pictures if wanted.) But ya to the point, I am actually just planning on selling it, i dont know why i even own it, so i was wondering how to maybe fix this problem. I was thinking on just buying a manual found that online but ya id rather save the cash haha. but everything seems to be here too amazes me. The only thing missing  the belt, cant find what type it used. If anyone can be help id really love it. Thanks  ;D

Offline outrider

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Yeah, Im clueless.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 07:13:04 AM »
Good Morning Todd,

The Singer 29 series is what is referred to as a patch machine.  It has the long arm and a rotating presserfoot mechanism so that you can get down inside a boot and still rotate your stitch.   No need to "buy" a manual when you can go on the Singer web-site and download one for free.

As far as the belting material is concerned...it uses a standard round leather belt...this material can be purchased from a variety of sources.   Artisan, Ferdco, Adler, and I believe Singer still make this style machine  so any one of these suppliers would be able to get you the belt material.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Offline outrider

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 07:25:23 AM »
Todd,

I did a web search....G&B Sewing Machine Service has the belt material.  They are at 309-243-1491.  4211 W. Simpson Dr., Dunlap, IL 61525
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:07:05 PM »

Offline toddsmith

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 11:44:18 AM »
Thanks outrider, Im going to do download one right now and look into that belt. Thanks for for the info on it too, I read into it more (googled) after i posted this last night and seen more about it. Pretty cool stuff really, I was wondering where the serial # would be? I have to climb to get to it so it maybe easy to find but i'd hate to get to it and be out of luck.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 01:06:03 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Toddsmith. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline outrider

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 06:51:58 PM »
Todd,  The serial number should be on the right side directly in front..under the or maybe above the model number
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com