Author Topic: Camp noodles from the DoM GAF Muster  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Camp noodles from the DoM GAF Muster
« on: July 29, 2010, 05:11:31 PM »
I'll send this to the Panty later, but thought I'd post it here first.

I like doing things in camp that amazes folks who don't do a lot of cooking.  I have done the homemade noodles a few times and it's always been a hit.  There are of course many noodle recipes, they all will work, I just mix it up with out one.

But you get your dough made up, cover it and let it rest a half hour or so, knead it again and grap a hunk and roll it out:

(Lots of folks like my curly maple rolling pin, I do to, it's pretty.)

I then grab my knife and cut them, I make them long, wide and thick, everyone seems to like them that way and it saves time:

I toss them in a dish pan and sprinkle them with flour to keep them from sticking:

You then bring the broth to a boil and slowly add the noodles while stirring and simmer till done:

The trivet you see at the top brings the dutch oven higher than the legs allow, this allows me to get more hot coals under the oven, it helps when doing rapid boils. One of my winter projects is to build a new cupboard, this one is getting ragged, it was built by a friend of mine about 10 years ago and has been hauled around a lot, loaded and un-loaded hard, been outside in rain snow, and hail.  The big problem is he built it and painted it.  I will paint all pieces with better paint and then put it together.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Camp noodles from the DoM GAF Muster
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 11:19:18 PM »
Okkay, You got me .... I was a little hungry, but now I am famished!

Gotta go look in my kitchen ... there must be something to eat ... *S*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com