Author Topic: A Story  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Queasy Dillo

• Usual Suspect
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Boiler Plate Rat
    • Steel Carnival
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A Story
« on: July 10, 2010, 04:39:21 AM »
I don't know that it's western enough to post here, but I figure it'll be okay to link.  It's more modern day but I think it's got some cowboy elements buried somewhere in there.  Some language too.  Nothing worse than you'd likely see on television.  I've heard from a couple of reliable sources that it ain't that bad but I'll let you all be the judge.

http://goldriverprospector.blogspot.com/p/ride.html

It doesn't seem I've figured out enough of the inner workings of the blogging software so you can comment there, but I'm working on it.  In the meantime, should you feel compelled to leave one you can click over to the regular blog and reply to that last entry.

JF Bell

---

edit: And I realize now that this might be a better fit down in Tall Tales.  Any moderator that can move it to the correct forum...I appreciate it. 
"Get it together?  Lady, last time my people got it together we needed most of Robert Lee's backyard to bury the evidence."

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: A Story
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 03:44:54 PM »
He's off to another good star there, folks.  Maybe if we SERIOUSLY threaten his life, liberty, and well-being, Ol' Queasy (By whatever name) will finally finish one of his yarns.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Queasy Dillo

• Usual Suspect
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Boiler Plate Rat
    • Steel Carnival
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 03:51:18 PM »
Well...that one is finished.  I hit twenty pages and run out of things to say.  It just kinda ended after that. 

Regarding the name change - I blame the hat.  I failed to sufficiently investigate the side effects of derbyism before I bought in.  It made sense at the time.  Then it latched on to my head, destroyed my sense of proper grammar and the ability to use good English, and gave me strange new project ideas.  Some of which might work. 

And then I'd write another story. 

...fearsome days, these. 
"Get it together?  Lady, last time my people got it together we needed most of Robert Lee's backyard to bury the evidence."

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:40:11 PM »

Offline dangerranger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 03:30:40 AM »
I dont normaly like slice of life storys but that was good ! DR
Life is a rush into the unknown, You can duck down real low and hope nothing hits you, Or stand up tall, show it your teeth,and say "Dish it up Baby and dont get stingy with the Peppers!!!"

Offline Queasy Dillo

• Usual Suspect
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Boiler Plate Rat
    • Steel Carnival
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 05:07:17 AM »
I dont normaly like slice of life storys but that was good ! DR

I don't generally write them.  Perhaps that may change.

Thanks for checking in.   :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com