Author Topic: Dead Man's Gun: Schofield  (Read 26476 times)

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dead Man's Gun: Schofield
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 05:52:40 PM »
Here is the Amazon.com page for the Deadwood for all four seasons ... I think I would buy a used copy .... LOL
http://www.amazon.com/Deadwood-Complete-Ian-McShane/dp/B001FA1OTU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1279061424&sr=1-3
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 05:58:55 PM »
I also found the DVD for 'Dead Man's Gun  ... it all depends on how bad you want it I suppose ...

http://www.dvd4play.com/product.php?productid=38450&catid=264
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline kcub

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2010, 04:33:00 AM »
I received my dvd's; from an address in China!
Haven't opened the box but they are undoubtedly bootleg copies.
Please do not use the link I provided earlier in this thread.

I feel bad but I had no idea.  Maybe the low price should have been a red flag (no pun intended).
I know you can download all kinds of stuff free and I have always avoided it.
How do you report this? 

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 12:39:18 AM »

Offline stude3

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 11:03:49 AM »
I just saw the episode last night called "Next of Kin" starring Ed Asner. he is an eccentric wealthy man about to die who invites his kin for a visit so he can decide how to divide his will.   it is mentioned twice that the intials on the gun are in fact "SE". they stand for latin Semperate Erdicate or Seperare Eradicatum....Its hard to understand.   meaning to divide and destruct.  this is the first I have ever seen the explanation of the intials on the web

Frankie

Offline Compass Will

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2012, 07:15:23 PM »
I know I am late to the party, but I was led here by a search also trying to find more about this gun after watching an episode.

I have the gun picture paused on the screen right now.

It definite has a very large S engraved in it, with a G in the center of the S.  The G is about 1/2 the size of the S, with the S passing through the center of the G.   This S is centered on the screw behing the cylander, around 1/2" back from the screw.

The gun is blued.  The S and G are gold in-layed and there is 2 gold in-layed rings around the rear of the cylinder (1 in front and 1 behind the index notches).

The view I have on the screen it looks like a cartage pistol.  but when you search on dead mans gun on google graphics it brings up pictures of the DVD case for the show, which differently is a different gun.

My vote goes for the SG is George Schofield.
SASS 79000

Offline Compass Will

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2012, 07:25:08 PM »
the plot thickins.
on the credits it says
Special Thanks to
Custom Gunsmith - Terry Becker - CRP, Inc

Which leads to this.
http://squiress-100.net/StahlNewsletters/CLBCOM/CLBCOM72-1997-01.pdf
See page 3, it talks about him building this gun (actually I think it was a pair).

So anyway, after reading this, you are not going to find one of these guns :(.  Read the link and see why :) 
(link does not spoil the show at all, it is only about the gun).

Glad I could be of service to this thread.  I been searching on and off for a couple months now.

Compass Will
SASS 79000

Offline Bugscuffle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 10:08:34 PM »
Hey, St. George! (and everone else)
I have seen some episodes of the show but will probably never have the opportunity to view them all (they only seem to show up on TV here from time to time).  You mention that the gun's history is revealed in the last episode.  Would you be so kind as to fill me in?
Thanks,
CJF 

We use Time Warner, but Direct T.V. also carries this show on the Encore Western (EWest) channel.) EWest is one of the pay extra for channels and is bundled with several other movie channels. EWest also has a Gene Autry movie every Sunday at Noon. I mean, how can you go wrong?
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com