Author Topic: ZIPPOS  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Danny Bear Claw

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
ZIPPOS
« on: June 27, 2010, 09:53:01 AM »
One of my collections is Zippo lighters.  I've got around 150 of them.  There are about 35 that I actually use on a rotating basis.  The ones I display in unused, new condition are in glass front display cases.  One has all cowboy type lighters, including the John Wayne cowboy series and the other is Indian Zippos.  My most recent cowboy lighter is called The Dead Gunfighter, or something like that, (I'll have to check the Zippo Click collector's web site).  I has a skeleton in a Stetson and a Clint Eastwood type pancho, with a SAA in each hand.  On close examination I noticed a lot of detail on it that I hadn't noticed when I first bought it.  For instance, there's a crow sitting on his right shoulder and you can see cartridges in his gun belt, etc.
I've been collecting Zippos for a number of years now.  It's one of the few products still made in the USA.  They are guarenteed for life.  They will fix or refurbish them for you free of charge.  My older brother has one that he purchased back in the 1960's which he has shipped back to Zippo several times for repair and they have never charged him a cent.  The Zippo Collecters club sends a key chain with a penny mounted on it which represents the "cent you'll never pay for repairs".
When I find a special one for sale I'll sometimes buy two... one for collecting and the other for using, which was the case with the dead gunfighter.  The most collectable and most valuable Zippos are the ones made for companies, like the series of ones made for Marlboro and the Joe Camel ones.   8)
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: ZIPPOS
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 02:02:24 PM »
Ever see one like this?? Found these a few days ago..

Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Danny Bear Claw

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 07:21:38 AM »
Interesting Zippo items there Rick.  I have seen one of them Controla lighters before.  That item on the far right... is that a match box?

Zippo does sell lots of stuff that are not lighters, much like Ruger selling Ruger stuff that are not guns.  All collectable, of course.   8)
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:51:36 PM »

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 02:01:32 PM »
Yea i was just showin the lighter.I come across stuff like this all the time.I'll send that one to ya.
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com