Author Topic: "Man of The West"  (Read 3415 times)

Offline RIO DEL RIO

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"Man of The West"
« on: June 18, 2005, 02:16:15 PM »
Last evening we were looking for something "new" to watch and found a tape with 3 garbage movies and one real winner.  Man of The West (1958) starring Gary Cooper, Julie London, Lee J. Cobb and Jack Lord.  We probably watched it a few years ago, but really watched it last night. This is an adult western with adult scenes.  This is the first western I think we have seen where the outlaw gang traveled in/with covered wagons when moving their "camp".  Can anyone remember another movie in which the outlaws used wagons? Have a great day - RIO

Offline The Elderly Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: "Man of The West"
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »
The baddies had wagons in "The Comancheros" but they needed them since they traded contraband with the Indians.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 11:48:35 AM »
As I recall the Comancheros in “Outlaw Josie Wales” also used wagons to transport their loot (‘course it was the wagons belongin’ to those they looted).  ::) ;D
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:19:24 PM »

Offline The Elderly Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 09:43:30 PM »
I remember seeing "Man of the West" around '58. It was a shocker then. For one thing, Julie London's character was raped, something that didn't happen much in movies back then. And the rapist was Lee J. Cobb, who seemed too old for the crime to me then. Plus, it had Steven Boyd (Mesalla in Ben Hur) as one of the nastiest bad guys you could ever run into. And Julie London had the most gorgeous eyes ever set in a human face. I mean, she was a contender with Kirstie Alley and Meg Foster in this regard. (All right, now you know my favorite fetish.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com