Author Topic: The Cowboy Way  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Cowboy Way
« on: June 18, 2005, 06:06:57 AM »
I posted this on the Darksider's Den, but it bears repeating.

I posted this on TFS right before it went down, so I'm repeatin' it here so all will see.

Last fall I e-muled Wild Bill Peterson to see if I could get a handful of samples of the new 45-200 BigLube (tm) bullet that he and Driftwood Johnson had developed.  Well, I guess my e-mule wandered around for quite a while before he got it.  Anyway, he e-muled me back (different mule! ) saying how sorry he was to have missed it the first time and that he'd send me some samples.  Friends, he didn't send just a sample, but a whole durn box!  I was flabbergasted.

Well, this past weekend I FINALLY got to shoot 'em.  45 Colt, about 35 gr. by vol. (32.8 gr. by weight) and seated to just where the lead begins (under the crimp groove).  The crimp groove would make them too short for reliability in my 1866.

Well pards;  these boolits are a winner. I shot them out of my Longhorn and my 1866 and not a hitch!  Shucks, even if they'd a been losers, the fact that Wild Bill cared enough to do what he did woulda been enough.

With all the moanin' an' groanin' that's been on the various Cowboy boards, I thought I'd relate this good example of the true "Cowboy Way".  Thanks again, Wild Bill and you too, Driftwood, for your part in this.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Re: The Cowboy Way
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 11:45:39 AM »
That's great to hear. They are pards to ride the river with.  :)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 11:52:52 AM »
It's nice to hear somebody who is happy with things; although, we don't get a whole lot of complainin' around this site, as a rule.  Glad to hear ya' like the Boolits.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:15:32 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com