Author Topic: Who's headed for Outlaw Trail?  (Read 4583 times)

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Who's headed for Outlaw Trail?
« on: May 16, 2010, 09:48:51 PM »
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Who's headed for Outlaw Trail?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 09:02:16 PM »
I'm cogitating on it. ;D  What the heck, it's just up the road a piece! ;D
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
COMNAVFORV, NRA life, SASS Life, TG, STORM Rider #36.
GAF

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 10:39:46 AM »
I'm cogitating on it. ;D  What the heck, it's just up the road a piece! ;D

I really want to go.  It's an 11 hour trip for me )each way.)  I've got one pard that's 50:50.  If he can go, that will make the trip more tolerable.

My biggest obstacle:  Coyote Cap.  He's got my 97 for some work and a chrome job.  I don't know when it will be back to me. (Been there since October.)
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:17:32 AM »

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 09:16:18 PM »
Well, mi Amigo, if you and I make it, I'll buy you a shot or two of Ta-kill-ya! ;D  It's the gift of the gods - the old gods with feathers and such! ;)
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
GAF

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 09:41:44 PM »
Well, mi Amigo, if you and I make it, I'll buy you a shot or two of Ta-kill-ya! ;D  It's the gift of the gods - the old gods with feathers and such! ;)

Griz,

Just got word I won't be able to make Outlaw Trail.  Got some family obligations that I gotta take care of.  Maybe next year I'll take ya up on the Tequila.

Shoot straight & safe,

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 10:30:09 PM »
Sorry to hear ya can't make OT this year, Pancho. :(  I look forward to seeing ya on down the trail. :)

Regards, GA
GAF

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 02:26:03 PM »
Well, I just returned from Outlaw Trail, and while I did not cover myself with glory, I had one heck of a good time! ;D

A few commments and observations from my saddle:

Attendance was light, but it made for a very nice laid back kind of event.  I suspect that the timing between this event and EOT, which included a 12 stage WB action match, was just too close for many folks who had to travel longer distances. 

The stages were written by Texas Jack Morales with some done by Pecos Clyde. I thought they were first rate.  No cute stuff, just straight forward, but very challenging, with lots of movement! :)

A seminar was conducted on Thursday afternoon, by the 5 member SASS WB committee.  Members are, Evil Roy, Texas Jack Morales, Happy Jack, Crazy Kurt, and Pacos Clyde.  This is the group of dedicated folks who promulgated the SASS WB Rules.  No decisions are made by the group without 100% consensus by all members.  The session included some clarification of rules and useful tips on the 1911.  A few items to note:   SASS WB was conceived, and is being developed as a big bore competition with a 150 power factor.  Forget about the 38 caliber rifles, they are not going to happen!  The emphasis is being shifted more toward accuracy  - the objective is to "raise the bar."    If a competitor is found to have ammo that does not make PF, he may continue to shoot the match, but will not be scored.  SASS WB Action Shooting is no longer just a side match, it is nowa stand alone action match. It is NOT a category for SASS Cowboy Action Shooting.  The requirement for felt hats will be changed, and straw will be allowed.  The rule book is being revised.   SASS WB is NOT Cowboy Action Shooting with a 1911!  If we did not believe that when it was said, we certainly believed it after shooting this match.  It's a great new game, and it has a learning curve!

All competitors had their match ammo checked by Chrono and certified as meeting power factor.  No one failed to make PF.

WB is attracting new shooters to SASS.  There was a shooter on my posse that does not shoot SASS Cowboy Action - he came for the new game.

Everyone seemed to have their moments, both good and bad, and no one shot this match clean!  Shooters new to shooting 40 caliber and above rifles with the 150 PF were surprised at how different it is from the 38 with a light load.  Your not going to "flick" the lever and run, and those that tried quickly found their timing way off!  The 97 is a thing of beauty when all goes well, and a real beast when it does not. :P

Social events included a green chili cheeseburger night, pot luck dinner, cowboy trivia, poker and a fajita dinner and awards presentation. 

11 Firearms from sponsors were giving away during the awards.  Yours truly won a Para SASS Wild Bunch 1911!  8)   
GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com