Author Topic: I did something important  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Black Powder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Not messed with since 1956
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I did something important
« on: April 09, 2010, 11:35:39 PM »
This is not about me.  I hope it doesn't come across this way.  But I want to share this:

Driving to work this morning, Ohio turnpike.  Same routine, cruise is set at 71.  Open road.  A van is slowly making its way to pass; figure his cruise is set at 73.  Van passes, nothing special, but then I read its out of state license plate: "VETS".  On a Handicap plate.  I engaged the accelorator, caught up to to the van.  I tapped my horn, rolled down my window and motioned for him to roll down his.  Viet Nam.  No doubt.  He may have thought I was gonna cuss at him or something because he just looked back down the road.  Then I thought, well if he's handicapped maybe he couldn't... The passenger leaned forward, whom I presume to be his wife.  I just mouthed to her, "Thank you" and gave a thumbs up.  She must've then said something to him, cuz he looks over to me again, gives me his  thumbs up and mouths "Thank you" to me.

I re-engaged my cruise, and when I came to my exit, I took it and he rolled on.

BP

I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I did something important
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 12:39:39 AM »
Good job BP :) :)
That poor lady is probably STILL thanking you for saving her life. "The Vet" had most likely tuned her out & was just in the cruise mode, and not paying his mind of how fast he was going.
You were the angel of the day 8) 8)
Letty
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com