Author Topic: Has the world gone mad.  (Read 3182 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Has the world gone mad.
« on: March 14, 2010, 07:00:30 PM »
A DEATH ROW INMATE'S EXECUTION WAS DELAYED TO GIVE HIM TIME TO RECOVER FROM A SUICIDE ATTEMPT:
Wednesday 03-10-2010 6:29am ET
And now, here's a perfect example of your government in action . . .
--In 1994, 43-year-old Lawrence Reynolds Jr. was sentenced to death in Ohio for murdering his elderly neighbor.  His execution was supposed to take place yesterday, but it didn't.
--That's because on Monday, Reynolds tried to commit suicide by overdosing on a bunch of pills. 
--It's unclear exactly what Reynolds took, or how he got his hands on the pills in the first place.  The point is that when he was found in his cell, he was unconscious and nearly dead.
--But now, Reynolds' execution has been rescheduled for next week so he has time to recover from his overdose before being put to death.  (???
(Cleveland Leader)
(--Maybe it's just me, but if a criminal is going to be put to death anyway, does he need to be healthy enough to be executed?  Am I missing something?  Or is it our elected officials who are missing the point?)

Mathew 5.9

Offline Goatlips

• Top Active Citizen
    • Goatlips' BlackPowder Tips
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Has the world gone mad.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 11:56:10 PM »
Yup sounds silly but I'm glad that he'll have all his faculties when he gets to walk the last mile and meet the fearsome end that he tried to escape. 

Goatlips
Wolverine Rangers/Lake County Pistoleros
Visit my Blackpowder site:
http://goatlipstips.cas-town.com/index.html

http://goatlips.hrillc.com/goatlipstips.cas-town.com/index.html

width=200 height=30]http://www.cascity.com/layoutimages/mycascityprofile.gif[/img][/url]

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 09:06:19 AM »
I'm sure that there will be repercusions over this one from the folks against capital punishment.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:33:39 PM »

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 12:04:02 PM »
Yup sounds silly but I'm glad that he'll have all his faculties when he gets to walk the last mile and meet the fearsome end that he tried to escape. 

Goatlips

That may just be the case!  They don't want the ba$tard to take the easy way out.

I'm sure that there will be repercusions over this one from the folks against capital punishment.

Ain't that the truth!

What really gets me was that he was convicted 16 years ago!

I thought justice was supposed to be swift!!  (Yeah - I know - appeals and all that crapola.)  God knows, I'd hate to see an innocent person executed, but I think 2 appeals should be enough ... and they should be made to happen within a year or so.  Get rid of all the frivolous appeals (or put them at the END of the list) and get on with it so the VICTIM or Family can see justice served!!!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 12:20:48 PM »
tHE WHEELS OF JUSTICE GRIND SLOW!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com