Author Topic: USFA Double Eagle ..... WOW!!  (Read 5863 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
USFA Double Eagle ..... WOW!!
« on: March 10, 2010, 09:04:33 PM »
I'm now shooting a pair of the new USFA Double Eagles, in .45 Colt.  WOW.  Actually, WOW doesn't quite describe them.  The fit and finish is just incredible.  I've never had a set of guns with this level of fit.  From Anyone.  I cant feel any transition from the grip panels (hard rubber) to the steel back strap.  Perfect fit.
Mechanically, the timing on both guns was perfect OTB and lockup was superb.  Both guns shoot to point of aim with my wimp CAS load and the sight picture is wonderful with the wide front sight and wide square rear sight.  I absolutely love the Bisley style hammer, but, alas, have had to change the hammers to make the legal for SASS action shooting.  Main springs were better suited for a Dodge Ram pickup, so they had to go.  I have never had a set of guns set up for CAS so easy.  The next step will be to convert to coil spring and plunger for the hand, but I'll wait a while to do that.  Just having too much fun shooting these little guns.  I will shortly check the cylinder throats for proper diameter but so far, these guns are superb.  I do want to add .45 ACP cylinders as well but that is also down the road a day or two.
Personally, I've never met a barrel that was too short (I like short barrels) and the 3 1/2 barrels are just perfect.  Balance is perfect for me and the Birds Head grip is really comfortable.  Maybe a Thunderer grip frame in the future (I can't leave anything alone) just for fun. 
Really NICE guns.

Coffinmaker

Offline WinDixie

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: USFA Double Eagle ..... WOW!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 08:38:05 AM »
Thanks for writing up your experience. I'm a few $$ away from ordering one. Glad to hear you liked the 3 1/2" barrell, I've only had guns with 5 1/2".

Win

Offline wileycoyote

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 09:22:09 AM »
SWEET!!!!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:35:46 AM »

Offline Mossyrock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 09:54:12 PM »
SIR!!!  I must protest!  No pictures?!?!?!? :o :o :o
Mossyrock

"We thought about it for a long time... 'Endeavor to persevere.' And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union."

Lone Watie

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 08:14:59 PM »
Mossyrock, et all,

A thousand pardons.  I've never learned to post photos on any forum.  I'm not computer illiterate, but .......... close.

If I can't do it with files, hammers, punches and lots of cussing, well ............... shucks.

Coffinmaker

Offline Blink

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 09:14:53 AM »
From what has been seen thus far on the Double Eagles it may be well worth the $1350 asking price but coffinmaker's comment on changing the hammers makes me wonder what they were thinking. I modified a stainless Ruger Bird's Head 45 Colt to a Sheriff's Model (Well, sorta! Just about finished!) with a Super Blackhawk Hammer And love it! A custom made Mernickle cross draw holster on a 1-3/4" dress belt, same maker, holds the butt up close and secure. Will USFA offer this with a Super Blackhawk hammer to be legal for SASS? Time will tell.

Offline mtone

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 09:22:38 AM »
To meet CASS requirements, why not order it with either the standard SA hammer or the Low Spur hammer. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com