Author Topic: EMF Great Western II , or uberti SAA.  (Read 34160 times)

Offline Bear Claw Chris Lappe

• Citizen
  • Heritage Arms 45 Colt
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: EMF Great Western II , or uberti SAA.
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 09:28:42 AM »
Recently got my first GW II, the Californian Deluxe, and they are amazing guns!

Offline Cutter Carl

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2010, 08:23:09 PM »
I've been using a pair of GWII for a year and a half.  No problems with either of them.  There great guns.
NCOWS #3053
SASS #79783
Cracker Cow Cavalry - Florida's 1st NCOWS Posse
CCC - Marshall
Eagle Scout 1980

Offline Virginia Gentleman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Here's a McRib for Allah
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 08:56:24 PM »
I believe either of them to be very good guns, not quite what US Firearms pre-war quality but very, very close for a lot less than USFA or Colt.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 04:50:02 PM »

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 07:59:51 AM »
I just bought one of the Great Western II Customs that has the Turnbull case-hardening. No longer offered by EMF. Looking forward to picking it up.

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2010, 01:34:32 AM »
I just got an email from EMF and they said in it they are still offering the GW2's Custom, with the Doug Turnbull CCH. I have a couple of them and they are just beautiful.

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2010, 07:51:38 AM »
I just got an email from EMF and they said in it they are still offering the GW2's Custom, with the Doug Turnbull CCH. I have a couple of them and they are just beautiful.

curley
I notice that it is still in their catalog but with a six week wait. They don't seem to be stocking them. If you want one, they must pull a standard one off the shelf and send it to Turnbull. Cimarron is now doing the same thing. The problem with both is that the MSRP on these models is getting within striking distance of a USFA Premium gun.
 EMF is kinda weird. I once called them about a Custom model and was told "we don't offer that anymore". Later I saw an article in the Guns of The West magazine about an all blue model with 7.5 in barrel similar to the Paladin gun and was told that the magazine article, although just published, had been written a year ago and "we don't offer that anymore." I think what they sometimes mean is that it is special order, like the Custom. Hope to maybe get my Custom today.

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2010, 03:27:30 PM »
Sometimes the lag time for magazine articles is a detrement to the sales. I also saw the "paladin" article on the all black gun, and chuckled because I had gotten the last black gun from Debbie at a yard sale at Walker 47 (I asked what she had interesting and she pulled the gun from under the counter and said she was saving it for someone that would appreciate it. It was great looking.
I got it and on the way home decided that it would look great with Colt eagle grips. and it did. Deb was sorta upset with me because she thought the stark white grips looked neat with the black gun.

It is always tricky getting guns because of the delivery from Italy (or where ever) and they never know what they are going to have until they open the boxes. Sometimes they are surprised, sometimes elated, and sometimes a bit disapointed.
good shootin
curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 03:42:28 PM »
Got mine this afternoon and it sure is pretty. It is unfired but there are some small marks on the cylinder notches where blue is missing. Don't know if it is out of time or whether people in the store didn't know how to cock a single action. Curley, do yours have white paint in the patent dates and in the barrel lettering ? Seems like an odd embellishment.

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2010, 02:06:35 AM »
Doc
Are you serious? Is the gun you got a new one? There should be no missing blue on a new gun. Actually there should be very little missing blue even on a used gun. And as for white paint? I don't know what you got but I think you need to contact EMF and ask them about it. Doesn't sound right to me.
curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2010, 02:10:42 AM »

this is about the way a new GW2 should look. the all blue one. The CCH one is a Colt.

curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2010, 05:27:54 AM »
The gun was advertised as unfired but had been sold once before and returned. It is definitely a Custom with the Turnbull CH and very nice blue. Also has the one piece TruIvory grips typical of the Custom.The seller also said it had a "very, very faint turn ring from being messed with in the store". That's true, almost invisible ring but a few areas in the notches as I described. In addition, the EMF box has the wrong serial number on it. I'm not unhappy with the gun. Maybe the first owner decided to highlight the lettering. I must have twenty different sets of instructions of how to attach photos to posts but I still don't get it. I will try to get it on Photobucket and go from there or you can PM me an e-mail and I can send photo that way if interested

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2010, 02:06:52 AM »
Still did you buy it from a priviate party or from EMF? I have on occasion bought gunz from EMF being a ding or dent and a lot of money had been knocked off the retail price...

also the way I post pix is to open up a pix I want to display (on Photobucket or Smugmug, because the pix has to be on line somewhere to link to it...) anyways when you open it right click it and click "copy"

Then when you open your reply just above the cowboy icons you will see a row of tabs. The third one in from the left will say "Insert Image" when you hold your mouse over it. Click on it and it will put  something like this: 

Click in between the two  )(  and then right click your mouse and click "Paste" and it will put the link of your image in the middle. Besure you are directly between the two )(, and it should place your image in it.

good luck
crley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2010, 08:17:22 AM »
Bought it from a dealer on Gunbroker, who described it honestly. I'm a little hesitant to try and remove white lettering. Anything that will remove paint, will probably also remove protective coating on case-hardening. I think I am going to try your method for posting pictures .Stay tuned.

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2010, 08:45:31 AM »
img]

This is a test using a picture of one of my USFA guns, the Gunslinger.

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2010, 08:48:25 AM »
img]

This is a test using a picture of one of my USFA guns, the Gunslinger.
Well, so much for that idea. I've never been able to deal with these little red x's. I right click on them, it says "show picture" I click on that and I never get a picture to come up. Apologize to all who have to deal with my experiment

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2010, 03:13:59 PM »
Sorry part of your error is my fault. when you go to where you have your pix stored weather it is SmugMug or photobucket, you need to do what ever that site allows you to do to copy your image to your clipboard. (on smugmug they have a tab that says "share image" and from there you select the link you want by highlighting it...then right click and click on copy. you then have the link in your clipboard. then proceed to the cas page, and do the above instructions. You are almost there...a red box is something...
hope this helps
curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2010, 07:35:03 PM »

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2010, 07:56:05 PM »
Dang, Doc, that's a really nice piece.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2010, 09:41:09 PM »

How can anyone not like the Great Western ll's, beautiful gun Doc, you're a lucky pard.

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2010, 01:22:28 AM »
Doc

First a real purdy gun...I agrees with 4T and 10w.

Now to cure that problem with the red box. When you open a reply to a thread, just above the row of "blinky" cowboys you will see a row of boxes. The third one in from the left is the one you want.Hold your mouse over it and it will say "insert image". Click on it and it will place this in the text area:    (make sure you have a blinking cursor where you want to put the pix.Then insert that line of info in the middle of the 

Hopefully I should have your image in my text...
once you do it  you will go ..now that was cool, and pretty easy..
curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com