Author Topic: "Into the West" mini-series on TNT  (Read 4709 times)

Offline Birdgun Quail

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"Into the West" mini-series on TNT
« on: June 01, 2005, 06:33:35 AM »
I saw advertised on TV last night a mini-series about the Old West that looked interesting.  It will be shown on TNT.  Steven Spielberg is the executive producer.

Below was taken off of USA Today

Into the West
June 10, 8 p.m. ET/PT, TNT, six two-hour episodes

Concept: It's the broad story of the opening of the American West, focusing on the struggle between Native Americans and pioneer culture while also exploring the Gold Rush, the transcontinental railroad and the wars leading to the massacre at Wounded Knee.

Why it'll be hot: It's big and bold, more in the vein of old-fashioned Westerns, not edgy like HBO's Deadwood. Making the six "small films," producer David Rosemont says, required more than 1,000 cast and crew, 1,500 extras, 20,000 costumes, 150 locations, 176 shooting days and six directors. In the first episode alone, 1,600 head of buffalo were used.

Says Matthew Settle, who plays main character Jacob Wheeler: "It was fun. Anytime you put on moccasins and leather and chaps, it's like revisiting your youth."

The stories are serious, though. "I like the series because it looks into less of what we did and more of why it was done."

And the project has Steven Spielberg as executive producer. "He does not lend his name lightly to television or features," producer Rosemont says. "There was a certain story that we told that he wanted to tell — the real story of settling the West and how we came to who we are.

"This is not a Western; it's a film about the West. His presence was felt."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2005-05-31-summer-tv-main_x.htm
God bless,
Birdgun Quail

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Re: "Into the West" mini-series on TNT
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 04:03:10 PM »
I saw the ad on TV, too. But, I don't have cable or saddle-lite.  :(

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 07:40:30 PM »
Thanks Birdgun!!  I had been wanting a lowdown and now I got it.  Looks good.

Slim.  I don't know if I should feel sorry for you or feel sorry for myself.  I love cable, but hate how much time I can waste staring into the box!  ::)
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:38:14 PM »

Offline Spitn Lead

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 07:20:12 PM »
This series looks like it might be a good one , can't wait .
RATS #178
PWDFR #130
The Doc says more rugers will cure me!

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 07:44:25 PM »
This series looks like it might be a good one , can't wait , hey slim , try takin some tin foil wrap it around a paper plate connect that o'l intener & point it to the south ! lol i'm sure it will eventually be released on tape or dvd , heck i just got one of them there vcr's a year ago , anybody know how to set the clock? damn thing keeps blinking the same time .maybe i can put a piece of black tape over it . lol

Boy, doesn't that sound familiar!  ::)
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 03:40:10 AM »
 Passing the black tape and foil into the thread...Heck I still haven't seen any of the Deadwood's everyone talks about. What evere happened the show Peacemakers, Tom Berringer? I think. Seen one episode and liked it and never found another.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 08:46:33 PM »
They were rerunning it on CMT.  The few episodes I saw two years ago are the same episodes I saw this year!!  I don't think it's on anymore though!  I'll bet they were using this show as "filler" because there probably aren't enough episodes for a long run.

I looked and CMT does have alot of space on their website dedicated to them:

http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn//peacemakers/series.jhtml

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com