Author Topic: Ruger Anniversary Blackhawk  (Read 3241 times)

Offline RowdyBill

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ruger Anniversary Blackhawk
« on: May 28, 2005, 05:03:56 PM »
Just got one today on a trade/purchase at the local gun shop.  It's .357, blued, with 4 5/8th's inch barrel.  Have not fired it yet, but have looked it over, taken it apart, cleaned it, etc...

My evaluation is that this is a sweet gun and if it shoots as well as it looks, it ought to be a real keeper.  I love that XR3 (or Xt3, whatever it is) grip frame from the old blackhawks.  Seems to fit better in the hand and have better balance. 

Front sight mounting on my specimen looks perfect (and believe me, I can look over a gun for hours and find its flaws).  Loading gate rod isn't totally centered, but I think that's because of how the frame was cut, but heck nothing can be perfect, and that's the least important feature on a gun.  As long as it eject spent shells that's fine.  Trigger is very crisp (2 or 3 pounds?) with no creep.  Almost effortless to pull, but not too light.  Finish is good, everything cycles well.  Grips are hard plastic and look good.  Not sure if I'm going to swipe them out for stag or faux ivory later.  The revolver has the bevelling that we hear about in the new Vaqueros for ease of holstering, as well as the reverse indexing pawl.

Will have to take it to the range when it stops raining, but so far, very pleased. 

Now if they could make a Buntline version (10" or 12" barrel)...

Offline RowdyBill

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Ruger Anniversary Blackhawk
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 09:03:10 PM »
Took her through the paces today and shoots just fine.  Is a very nice sixgun.  Now if they only made an good concealment crossdraw holster for it.

Offline Doc Shapiro

• Top Active Citizen
    • Custom Handmade Pistol Grips
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 10:17:06 PM »
Sounds like a winner.  Bob Mernickle might be able to make a CCW type holster for it.  http://www.mernickleholsters.com/index.htm

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:47:06 PM »

Offline RowdyBill

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 11:37:58 AM »
Sounds like a winner.  Bob Mernickle might be able to make a CCW type holster for it.  http://www.mernickleholsters.com/index.htm

Thanks, will check out his website.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com