Author Topic: ROFL Now this has to become a classic  (Read 6455 times)

Offline Gomezy3k

• NCOWS Member
  • Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
ROFL Now this has to become a classic
« on: February 07, 2010, 12:20:23 AM »
Came across "Sukiyaki Western Django"....  This thing is hysterical.  Quentin Tarantino is in it...  

A revolver-wielding stranger crosses paths with two warring clans who are both on the hunt for a hidden treasure in a remote western town. Knowing his services are valuable to either side, he offers himself to the clan who will offer up the largest share of the wealth.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0906665/

NCOWS Life Member 153
I love the Holy Black Powder... 
Come to the Darkside, we have cookies.
NRA Life Member
Eldorado Cowboys Las Vegas Life Member

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
Re: ROFL Now this has to become a classic
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 05:23:42 PM »
It sounds like a remake of "A Fistful of Dollars".
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 07:14:08 PM »

Then there was that other remake of it...the Bruce Willis movie "Last Man Standing"  boy that was looser.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:22:07 PM »

Offline Gomezy3k

• NCOWS Member
  • Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 07:44:41 PM »

LOL Yeah I think the Japanese director combined "The Seven Samurais" and several of the Eastwood spaghetti westerns, and threw in a few over the top Japanese comedies for good measure.  It takes place in "Nevada"... The one bar is named Eastwood's and kind of looks like a pagoda...  The dialogue has about every cliche from every bad western there is...  Its actually funny....
NCOWS Life Member 153
I love the Holy Black Powder... 
Come to the Darkside, we have cookies.
NRA Life Member
Eldorado Cowboys Las Vegas Life Member

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 11:18:42 PM »
I've got a copy of this movie on DVD. It's a riot and I love every moment of it.
A work in progress.

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 10:10:10 AM »
Then there was that other remake of it...the Bruce Willis movie "Last Man Standing"  boy that was looser.

Will Ketchum

The worst thing about the Bruce Willis movie, "Last Man Standing," was the theme music. It should have been era specific, it wasn't and that was a big distraction.

It was hard getting the connection between two opposing organized crime gangs, and a small, withered, dustbowl Texas town. And then, there was the 32 guys he killed in the movie...!

It really isn't a very good movie, however, it fills my lust for Colt 45 automatics and action...! Oh yeah, I liked the antique cars too.

Bill

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 04:13:50 PM »
Stillwater, Everytime I watch that movie I have flashbacks of growing up in the Texas Panhandle and the dust and sandstorms up there.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 04:02:39 AM »
Stillwater, Everytime I watch that movie I have flashbacks of growing up in the Texas Panhandle and the dust and sandstorms up there.

I lived in Amarillo for awhile, so I know what you're talking about when you mention dust and sandstorms...

Bill

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 09:57:24 AM »
Yep, I was born in Amarillo and lived about 50 miles north of there.

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 01:07:37 AM »
Then there was that other remake of it...the Bruce Willis movie "Last Man Standing"  boy that was looser.

Will Ketchum

Last man standing a loser? Yes, for several reasons.

1.) The awful background music wasn't era specific. The weirdest theme music I have ever heard.

2.) He shot 32 men in one scene.

3.) Willis isn't as cool as he lays it on, in the movie.

4.) Who could imagine two bootleg booze gangs, one Italian and one Irish, in one small, dusty, Texas town. Was this Baja Chicago?

~~~~~~~~

1.) In his favor, Bruce Willis is a conservative, and a gun owner...

2.) The best person in the movie was the Ranger Captain. He looked, and acted, like the real article. I wonder if that was how Frank Hamer acted?

3.) Bruce Dern was his usual good acting job self.

4.) I liked the bad guy getting shot with a cap and ball revolver.

Bill

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 01:13:42 AM »

I was stationed at Amarillo AFB for over a year. When it comes to panhandle Texas dust storms, Amarillo has a corner on the market.

It's almost unbelievable how fine the dust is, and how it can get around closed, and sealed windows.

Bill

Offline jake1964

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 03:28:50 PM »
Yep, I was born in Amarillo and lived about 50 miles north of there.

Dumas? or Borger?

I live in Borger. And yes, the wind still blows.

Its been cranking at 30 to 40 mph for the last week.
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”  Sigmund Freud

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 06:18:39 PM »
I lived in Dumas till 66 and attended Panhandle State, graduated in 71. My Dad was Sheriff there for almost 8 years, before he passed away.  I got a job at a PD in the Metroplex and never moved back.

Offline Russ McCrae

• Hat Creek Cattle Co., Front Porch Division
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 11:10:45 PM »
Dern y'all are going to make me rent Last Man Standing and see what its about good/bad.

The movie mentioned first is funny as can be, some of it is pretty off the wall though.
"What's Good For Me Ain't Necessarily Good For the Weak Minded"

"I'm an admirer of good sense wherever I find it."

SASS #93813
STORM #335

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 12:33:08 AM »
From Tricky Ol Russ
The movie mentioned first is funny as can be, some of it is pretty off the wall though.

Well I agree with you there Russ, but something tells me that we ain't seen the last of this "off the wall" business.

I'm pretty sure that some folks thought Sergio Leone's westerns we a bit off the wall as well.
A work in progress.

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 02:18:47 AM »
Dern y'all are going to make me rent Last Man Standing and see what its about good/bad.

A small incentive to rent the "Last man standing," movie is you'll get to see Bruce Willis's bare rear end in one scene...!  :o   ;D  :P

Bill

Offline Russ McCrae

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 03:26:05 PM »
A small incentive to rent the "Last man standing," movie is you'll get to see Bruce Willis's bare rear end in one scene...!  :o   ;D  :P

Bill

:o And just like that.... I desire to see this movie went right out the dang window.... ::) ::) ::) ::)

SASS #93813
STORM #335

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 01:26:08 AM »
:o And just like that.... I desire to see this movie went right out the dang window.... ::) ::) ::) ::)

That was a funny comment...   ;D

Bill

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 09:25:15 AM »
It's funny when you look at the different cultures you start to notice certain similarities. In the Medieval Times the Europeans had the Knights, for a thousand years the Japanese had the Samurai, and for a short while we had the gunslingers.

In Japan if you were a lone Samurai warrior without a master, you were known as a Ronin. The same could be said of the gunslingers.

With Kurasawa's Seven Samurai and Yojimbo, it got the moviemakers around the globe thinkin'. Before long we had
The Magnificent Seven, then came A Fistful of Dollars. It just took on a life a life all it's own after that.

From history to movie, from Spaghetti Western to Sukiyaki Western. Wheels within wheels.
A work in progress.

Offline Russ McCrae

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 12:30:44 PM »
It's funny when you look at the different cultures you start to notice certain similarities. In the Medieval Times the Europeans had the Knights, for a thousand years the Japanese had the Samurai, and for a short while we had the gunslingers.

In Japan if you were a lone Samurai warrior without a master, you were known as a Ronin. The same could be said of the gunslingers.

With Kurasawa's Seven Samurai and Yojimbo, it got the moviemakers around the globe thinkin'. Before long we had
The Magnificent Seven, then came A Fistful of Dollars. It just took on a life a life all it's own after that.

From history to movie, from Spaghetti Western to Sukiyaki Western. Wheels within wheels.

Your thinking WAY over our heads Pea.... ;) ;D ;D ;D

SASS #93813
STORM #335

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com