Author Topic: The American Experiance: Wyatt Earp  (Read 1926 times)

44caliberkid

The American Experiance: Wyatt Earp
« on: January 28, 2010, 07:37:18 PM »
This aired on PBS last Monday, Jan. 25.   They may run it again, I'd check your local PBS listings.
   It was a fair show.  It didn't make me furious as many "historical" shows are want to do.   It was very general, focusing mainly on the OK Corral shootout and aftermath.   Lots of good pictures of Wyatt.   There was one I didn't remember seeing before and a Doc Holiday pic I had never seen.   It was actually too skimpy on detail, but it is a hard story to tell in an hour show.  (Consider Lee Silva's huge volume of work.)   I think most of us would be entertained.

Offline Dirty Brass

• Ol' Ter-Bear
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live life to the fullest!
    • TLC Guns & Ammo Inc
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The American Experiance: Wyatt Earp
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 08:06:12 PM »
Yup - I watched it too - and again the next day during daytime hours. I agree with your review....

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 01:21:25 PM »
Showing my age here but CBS used to have a show called You Are There. They would take historical events such as Lincoln's Assasination and cover them as they would be covered today with interviews of the principals involved as the events unfolded. One of them I remember was The Shootout at The OK Corral. Walter Cronkite was the host each week and in this one, he and other reporters "on the scene" would interview the Earps and then talk to the Clantons about the trouble brewing between them. It was very well done.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:39:33 PM »

Offline Dirty Brass

• Ol' Ter-Bear
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live life to the fullest!
    • TLC Guns & Ammo Inc
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 03:49:19 PM »
Hate to admit it but I vaguely remember that show too.....along with 20 Mule Team Borax commercials.... :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com