Author Topic: H&R Buffalo Classic Carbine 45 Colt  (Read 14392 times)

44caliberkid

H&R Buffalo Classic Carbine 45 Colt
« on: January 17, 2010, 07:07:22 PM »
I know these aren't CAS legal or have any use in matches, but I noticed this nice little rifle on a table at the gun show this weekend.   As I was coming down an isle and just scanning ahead it caught my eye.   Break open single shot in 45 Colt.   Nice checkering on the stock and foerarm, big open sights.  Could be a nice deer gun with Winchester Partion Golds.   Or a Big Lube 250 grain  stuffed over holy black.   Very compact and sturdy.   I think some earlier ones didn't have the checkering, which adds some class.   Here's a link:

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Rifles/buffalo.asp

Offline Angel_Eyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: H&R Buffalo Classic Carbine 45 Colt
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 03:53:03 AM »
Have to agree, nice looking piece, good price and just what I was looking for, but unfortunately they don't market them in the UK.
I enquired about them and got a very prompt reply but in the negative, so it looks like I need to keep looking for something similar.
I dont want to go the 'Pedersoli 45-70' route again as their prices have gone way above my wallet level,,,over £1000 for the cheapest model!

AE :'( :'( :'(
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Offline panhead pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 06:04:18 AM »
Howdy 44,

I have a Buffalo Classic in 45-70.  It is a very nice rifle.  I believe it is legal for SASS long range IF THE AUTO EJECTOR is disabled.  (I have heard of a MI shooter winning because he was using the ejector which was not very sporting).  Sorry I digress.  I am hoping to use it as a deer rifle next year.  At any rate for the price it is an affordable, well made gun, MADE IN the USA.

With the break action, you don't even need a blow tube to help keep the fouling soft!

That is a cool looking carbine for sure.  If I did not already have a 56-50 Spencer, it might end up on my list!

Happy Trails,

Panhead 

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:17:47 PM »

44caliberkid

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 06:26:53 PM »
To Angel Eyes:  Would the Pedersoli Baby Rolling Block in 45 Colt suit your purposes.   Very similar dimensionally to the H&R.

Offline Canelo Kid

• SASS #23321
  • Active citizen
    • Los Vaqueros
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 12:19:32 PM »
Howdy,

It's perfectly legal for SASS competition, ejector or otherwise. It may be used in Plainsman and long range. The only stipulation for using it in LR is that the bore diameter be larger than .375'.  The .45 Colts fills this requirement.

P.20 - SHB
THE PLAINSMAN
This event requires two .36 caliber or larger Frontiersman Category style percussion
revolvers, shot Duelist style.
• Must use a SASS–legal single-shot rifle firing a traditional blackpowder rifle or revolver
caliber cartridge (e.g., not a .30-30). The rifle may have spring actuated ejectors if they are
standard for that rifle.
• Must use a side by side, with or without exposed hammers or lever action shotgun.
• Must use blackpowder in all loads (rifle, revolver, and shotgun).

P.21 SHB
Single Shot and Buffalo Single Shot firearms must be originals or replicas of single shot
rifles manufactured during the period from approximately 1860 until 1899. All rifles MUST
have exposed hammers. The caliber and cartridge rules for the “Rifle Caliber” firearms noted
above under basic rules also apply to Single Shot and Buffalo Single Shot rifles with the
exception Buffalo Single Shot rifles must be .375" bore size or larger.

Buffalo Single Shot competition has further restrictions requiring original or replica rifles
to be a design of US manufacture. Spring-loaded ejectors are also prohibited, except for
Springfield Trapdoor Rifles.

The BC ejector is legal for all LR categories except Buffalo Match.

Safe trails,
CKid
BWSS  USA #04
BCSS #40

Offline Scoutmaster

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 01:49:01 PM »
H&R's Buffalo Classic Carbine in 45 Colt doesn't have an ejector, only an extractor.
Don

Offline dangerranger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 03:52:36 AM »
I know Im reserecting an old thread but I couldnt resist. Heres a couple of pics of mine. I got it for  long range side matches but Ive shot it awhile and am loading up some 300gr bullits for hog hunting. besides shooting it the only thing Ive done to it is add this sight to the rear.

the new insert I made myself, my older eyes wont let me use irons anymore but these work. DR

Life is a rush into the unknown, You can duck down real low and hope nothing hits you, Or stand up tall, show it your teeth,and say "Dish it up Baby and dont get stingy with the Peppers!!!"

Offline BlueSteelDuke

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 09:55:20 AM »
Great gun but I wish the .45 Colt came in the 32 inch barrel for hunting  :-[

BSD
WWGAD What Would Gene Autry Do ?

Offline Big T

• Big "T"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • www.tbarkcustomknives.com
    • T bar K Custom Knives
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 09:15:05 PM »
Seen this thread an couldnt help myself , I just swapped for a Old H&R Shakari 45/70 with the cleanning rod under the barrel , it is way kool as well an shoots really well for an H&R ,I was very impressed with its groups so far ,I am hopeing to shoot it in a long range match soon maybe , t
Tank & Kathy ,T bar k Custom knives

God Bless All to their Own Standards Accordingly thru Jesus Christ !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com