Author Topic: SASS Vaqueros  (Read 7687 times)

Offline Regret Chancy

• Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS 3304, SASS 79990
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
SASS Vaqueros
« on: December 31, 2009, 03:05:41 PM »
Probably  a shot in the dark but some of you guys are alot better informed than me. Is there any rumors or word on whether Ruger is going to produce the SASS pairs in 45 Colt or just stick with the run of them in 38. I have had my eye on a set at a local dealer but everything I shoot is in 45 Colt and I just cant commit to them in 38. I appreciate any info you may be able to send my way.
             Regret Chancy
"Aint nothing better than riding a fine horse into new country"

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
Re: SASS Vaqueros
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 07:12:40 PM »

Hang in there Pard, I know just how you feel, I'm a 45 pard my self, right now Ruger is just making this new Vaquero in 357/38, I'm pretty sure they will be making 45's next, just bite the bullet until they do.

tEN wOLVES ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Regret Chancy

• Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS 3304, SASS 79990
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 06:48:55 PM »
Thanks ten wOLVES,
      I was at Kenny Woods gun and knife show in Louisville KY today and found a booth with 2 pair and his printed stickers said 45LC. I was frothing at the mouth when he said yes they are 45 Long Colt. When he opened the plastic wrap I instantly spotted the spent shell case package and it said 357. I brought it to his attention and he went to get the second set assuring me they were definitely 45 LC. Again excitement and yet again disappointment as they also were 357. I guess I will just buckle down and hold out for the hopefully future run of 45's. Thanks for the help amigo, Regret
"Aint nothing better than riding a fine horse into new country"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:43:45 PM »

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 08:03:36 AM »
Any conjecture as to why Ruger brought these out in .357 rather than .45?

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 02:12:57 PM »
Any conjecture as to why Ruger brought these out in .357 rather than .45?

I'm a thinking it is about the "Race Gunning" with light .38 loads what seems to be the choice of all the "Champions", but that is just my opinion.  I myself run .38 Vaqueros and am looking to move into .45 'cause I want to feel the power, 1000 fps 158gr .38's are just not working out for me.

Yeti76620
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 09:44:02 AM »
I'm a thinking it is about the "Race Gunning" with light .38 loads what seems to be the choice of all the "Champions", but that is just my opinion.  I myself run .38 Vaqueros and am looking to move into .45 'cause I want to feel the power, 1000 fps 158gr .38's are just not working out for me.

Yeti76620

Is that the load I see being shot on TV with the recoil of a BB gun? I can't tell you how silly that looks. Same way with the no recoil rifles. Maybe the participants are trying to emulate the old cowboy movies, where nothing including those Winchesters ever recoiled. I remember buying a Winchester Model 94 years ago. It was a 30-30 and the first time I touched that thing off, I felt betrayed. Just couldn't understand how those guys with their wagons in a circle could rapid fire those 92's and 94's.

Offline Ciego

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 01:40:06 PM »
I, too, would love to see the SASS Vaqueros in .45 Colt.  When I first heard about them, I was heartbroken when I learned they were only available in .38/.357.

Here's hoping for SASS Vaqueros in a REAL caliber.  :)

Offline fourfingersofdeath

• The Old Loquacious one's loquacious signature:
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dang! Caught shooting a 357!
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 06:11:42 AM »
I thought that they were available in 45, but I may be dreaming. I never oaid much attention, cause I have a pair of NMVs in 45, great guns. I ordered a set of 38/357s for my wife who is just starting out. I would have prefered her to us a light load to start in my 44/40s or 45s, but they don't allow new shooters to use calibres over 38s here. I don't know how long you have to be shooting before you can get a pair of big suckers.

I am a confused old cowboy, I have a pair of USAF 44Specials, a pair of Pietta 44WCFs, a pair of NMVs in 45 and a pair of ROAs! The USAFs are sweet and awesome to look at, the Piettas are tuned and are actually the best of the lot to use, apart from being a bit squeezy in the trigger guard (same as the USAFs), the NMVs are great big old girls and have a larger trigger guard, and the ROAs are just plain old spectacular!!!!

Life would be easier if I just settled for teh 38s, but heck! I ain't fast, but I sure am noisy!
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

Offline runawayshawn

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 11:58:45 PM »
Im saving up to get a pair of sass vaqueros in 357/38 from lunghunter. anyone got a pair from him? I would like to know what you think of them.

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 05:46:41 AM »
Greetings & Salutations,

I seen over at Ruger.com place the other weekend that the SASS Vaquero is now AVAILABLE in 45 LC with a 5.50" bbl; additionally that Long Hunter Supply is also working their stuff on 'em for resale that I think is a good price.

I would have bought a pair of SASS Vaquero's myself in 45; however, I got a fantastic deal on a pair of SS-OM Bisley's in 45 that I think that will do the trick just fine!    ;D  ;D

Yeti76620
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline Pappy Myles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 07:42:21 AM »
they are also available on gunbroker if you have someone with an ffl to ship'em to
NRA Patron Member
NRA Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
TSRA Life Member
USMC Vet
Dirty RAT # 308
Life SASS # 59784 ROI and ROII

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 08:02:58 PM »
I have had one of my better dstributors tell me they have both calibers in stock most all of the time these days.
So it ought not be a big problem to order them.

Mustang Gregg
Wild West Arms
www.wildwestarms.net
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Dakota Dan from OZ

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
SASS Vaqueros
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 12:41:53 AM »

We have them here Downunder in both 38/357 and 45. ;D

Dakota  8)

My Pa once said "Son never take a knife to Gun Fight"  He told the truth.
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
SASA State Discipline Chairman
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com