Author Topic: Would you stay overnight at a shoot?  (Read 11520 times)

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Would you stay overnight at a shoot?
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2004, 04:57:44 AM »
Here is my home away from home at EOT this year.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Shiloh Sharpie

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2004, 02:16:06 PM »
Howdy,

Would you like to sleep the night before or after?  Maybe both?
If you did, would you want your own tent or camper?  Would you stay in a cabin or bunkhouse?  How much would you pay?

Just working on the club range and wondering..
Adios,

My latest idea and desire is a casita travel trailer.  They have a website, check it out.  I am looking for one used if possible.
Shiloh Sharpie
SASS 10477 Life
-------------------------------------------------------
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them.

Offline Brazos Bucky Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2004, 04:29:57 PM »
Yep, I'll throw in with the RVer's!  it would be nice to have hook ups (Water and Elect.).  My wife and I have a 21' class C that I plan to use for away get-to-gethers.  Then not only the comradery, buts I got all my favorite things right there. 8)

BB ;D
Brazos Bucky
"A man oughta do what he thinks is right."
BOLD #566, NRA Life (Endowment)
SASS #59058, SBSS #1605, SCORRS

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:11:42 AM »

Big Hext Finnigan

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2004, 08:36:28 PM »
Is the Casita like the Scamp?  They are cool little campers.  I like the idea of a hard shell for security and the ability to tow them with a smaller truck or car.  ('Specially with the rising gas prices.)

Adios,

Offline Capt. Hamp Cox

• Top Active Citizen
  • 1937 Ford & 1941 Hamp in 1947
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2004, 09:28:50 PM »
Is the Casita like the Scamp?  They are cool little campers.  I like the idea of a hard shell for security and the ability to tow them with a smaller truck or car.  ('Specially with the rising gas prices.)

Adios,

Similar, and they are made in Corsicana.

http://www.casitatraveltrailers.com/home.html

Offline Shiloh Sharpie

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2004, 12:56:32 PM »

Adios,

They are muy cool.  The smaller car or truck thing is right on and it is not a behemoth to haul no matter what the vehicle.  Self contained too, and with a Shower in the loo.
Shiloh Sharpie
SASS 10477 Life
-------------------------------------------------------
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them.

Offline Tombstone Runner SASS#54765

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2004, 06:48:39 AM »
Thinken bout getting a small rv even for my local shoots. I work some Saturday nights and could use a little extra sleep up until meeten time!
TR
"Did you bring some gold?"
"Nope!"
"Silver?"
"Jus Lead"

Shoshone Slim

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2004, 11:07:36 PM »
Since I got a power converter for my cpap machine and a solar powered battery charger I usually throw down a bed roll by the truck and sleep on the ground.  If it looks like rain I'll put up
lean to or sleep in the truck. I bring plenty of water and cooking gear so I can cook and heat water fer washing up.  I'm probably going to buy a camp shower enclosure and a propane water heater before my next multiday shoot.  Cost's about the same as a couple of nights in a motel.   On the rare occasion that my wife would come along then it'd have to be a motel, but I love to sit around the fire and shoot the breeze.  I think that's almost as much fun as the shooting. 

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2004, 07:11:31 PM »
The tents are for the young folks. I slept on the ground and in tents enough in the Army.  The RV is the way to go if you can afford it. :) ;D 8) ::) :o
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com