You an't for real fowler. At best you are living in a fantesy land.
The Merwin and Hulbert website says very plainly they will not refund deposits made to the previous company.
Why are you an exception?
If you are real, and not another shill for M&H ( which has happened several times on CAS City)
Thankyou Will Kicthum being a Christian man and taking a man for his word I am not trolling and do not mean to degarde anybody. Thankyou for your fairness,pistol packin Preacher,Fowler.Please do not take personal offense to my posts
, they were never meant as a personal attack on you personally nor has it ever been my intent to be "unfair" to you, but instead to attempt to open your eyes to the sad, hard facts which are available for everyone to see, and to make public the issues surrounding the Merwin& Huilbert Co. fiasco.
to itemize the following indisputable FACTS:
- M&H was part of a parent corp that included A-Square, Sharps Rifle, Merwin & Hulbert, and a holster company.
- M&H only existed as a child under A-Square, and leveraged their FFL licenses.
The Only company that ever regularly produced products was the A-Square rifle and ammunition company.
- M&H consistantly failed to offer even a prototype of a pistol that they have been promising for nearly 5 years
- The Town of Glenrock, WY gave them numerous dollar incentives, but M&H & A-Square has failed to deliver on every promise they made to Glenrock.
- M&H & A-Square promised to hire and keep employed a certain number of skilled workers, and they failed
- M&H & A-Square is behind on several months of tax-free reduced rent to the Town of Glenrock
- M&H promised delivery of finished guns to "subscribers" at least 3 times (or more) and they failed every time
- M&H promised to show the prototype several times and failed
- M&H promised to provide prototypes to various writers to review, and failed
- M&H promised to bring the prototype to the Shotshow for several years and failed every time, the last shot show they
did not even show up.
- M&H promised to "keep everyone and the public informed via their website" - they sort of managed for a bit, then failed.
- On Thursday, March 1, 2012 10:44 am "A-Square defaults on lease–CEO closes doors"
This took down child company Merwin & Hulbert as well as the parent corp - from the newspaper article seen herehttp://www.douglas-budget.com/glenrock/article_423700e2-63c6-11e1-b007-0019bb2963f4.html
it clearly states:
"Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2012 10:44 am | Updated: 11:27 am, Thu Mar 15, 2012. Jesse Bishop
Despite hopes that Sharps Rifle Company, LLC, and A-Square of Wyoming would be able to find investors to restart Glenrock operations this year, A-Square of Wyoming is no more." ...
"After events surrounding A-Square’s former owner and founder Art Alphin led Sharps CEO Michael Blank to shut down both A-Square of South Dakota and Sharps’ main operations in St. Louis, Blank conveyed ownership of all contents in the Glenrock operation to the new CEO Kevin Tierney, and his partner William Martin. After the deal was struck, it was determined that the company as a whole was not fit to even exist
(emphasis is mine)
"“There is financial tragedy across the board,” Tierney said. “The State of South Dakota has lost a lot of money, the major financial institution in South Dakota has lost an awful lot of money. The State of Wyoming and the Town of Glenrock believed in a lot of people and invested a lot of money to build this facility. There have been numerous consumers who invested money for guns which were not delivered.”
Tierney asked Town Council for understanding, explaining his decision to completely shut down the company due to the fact that its financial condition was “toxic, if not radioactive.” He proposed a break on lease payments for a replacement company called Sharps Rifle Company, Inc., which he created using the equipment and intellectual property he acquired from Blank."
- In the Corporate Documents that I posted earlier it clearly states that the new company will not do ANYTHING until and unless they manage to get AT LEAST $1.3 million in new funding, which will mainly go to paying back rent, not build new guns.
To really "get going" they expect to need to raise another $5 million.
- M&H (now called Sharps Rifle LLC) does not have any skilled workers, they let them all go. They only have "corporate officers".
- A-Square (whilst never a huge business) used to at least make and deliver products and show a profit. Now they have been dragged down in this mess and out of business as well and the owners of the special caliber rifles are S.O.L. as we say.
- The States of Wyoming and South Dakota have lost millions of dollars in grants and incentives.
Now, with these facts in hand, and the clear evidence of so many broken promises, We can see that their words and promises have proven to be hollow.
I have to ask With all the money gone down the tube, how can anyone trust these people?
With this track record I have to ask "Why Should anyone trust anything they say now?"
Fowler, you said you are a Christian man, you should remember that "By Their Deeds, You Shall Know Them".
Whilst I do not presume to speak on behalf of the others on the forum, It has never been my intent to degrade you or others who are hopeful that they may someday get something
from M&H; but only to point out the hard facts.
Sharps Rifle LLC ( formerly Merwin & Hulbert, A-Square, Sharps Rifle, and that holster company) might somehow pull out of this, but it is not looking good.
Please do not shoot the messenger if the messenger is pointing out the rainclouds overhead, and that you have no umbrella;
And please do not proudly wave the latest advertisement that says your Weatherman promised Sunny Skies whilst the storm pours down around our ears.
in all sadness
your humble servant