Author Topic: New guy needs some help  (Read 3701 times)

Offline WILSON

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New guy needs some help
« on: November 20, 2009, 05:13:05 PM »
I'm new to the sport and need to get some grear and was hoping some of you guys could help me out. I'm starting with the guns but don't know what to buy and from who. I know thrie alot of opinions out there but I really need to hear from the guys who have delt with alot of different firearms.

Currently I'm looking at Uberti and Pietta SAAs. Whitch one is the better of the two and whitch company should I buy from. I've read just about everything on this forum about Ubertis form Cimaron and Taylor's & Co. Those seem to be the ones everbody likes. Also the Piettas form EMF. All in .45LC

The ones I'm particularly interested in are: Cimaron Model "P", Taylor's & Co. #700A, and EMF Great Western II Californian.

Whitch of these have the best fit and finish, accuracy, relibility, and customer service backing their product?

After reading all this I more confused then ever. I just want to get a gun that will be reliable and accurate without having to do a bunch of mods right out of the box. And of course it needs to look good too.

Thanks for the help, hopefully this will clear up some of my confusion.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
Re: New guy needs some help
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 06:00:32 PM »
Actually, your very question will bring more options , opinions and perhaps add to your confusion....

I suggest you go to an event perhaps try the different models and make your choice.

in the mean time read this post...may shed some light
 http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,6730.0.html

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline WILSON

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 07:17:11 PM »
Thanks Major. There seems to be a lot of different stuff being used. My confusion mainly lies between the differences between Uberti and Pietta. Some folks say the Ubertis are built better than the Piettas and some folks say Piettas are better. I'm just trying to find out who makes a better gun between the two.

Then there's the importer issue. Some say a Uberti is a Uberti and a Pietta is a Pietta. Others say the importers do some of the finish work and some are better than others. I 'm just trying to get the best gun for the money.

Thanks

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:43:52 PM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 08:08:19 PM »
sent you a few mails   :)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline WILSON

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 08:27:28 PM »
Thanks Major, I sent you a reply.

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 02:02:23 AM »
I have 3 Taylors (read Uberti) and 7 GW2 (read Piatea) I shoot both and both are fine in their own rights. I personally feel the GW is the best out of the box gun on the market (and several reviewers agree) The "Alchemestia" is the smoothest action you can get out of the box. It is like ball bearings on glass when you cock it.

ONe thing to consider is after market support. I personally feel that EMF has the best going. I have taken a gun in and had it fixed and been on my way in 10 min.

If you want to see what kind of guns I am talking about go to my web page and look at the "just for fun" gallery. Lots of pix of my guns
http://sdough.smugmug.com

good shootin
curley
any thing I can answer or help you just drop a note.
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline Old Top

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 09:03:52 PM »
Maybe Curly will post a picture or two of his Great Westerns, and he has a couple of guns that are all scratched up too

I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com