Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 09:59:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Cas City - Site Support & Comments  |  Topic: Spam mail 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spam mail  (Read 1739 times)
Angel_Eyes
Top Active Citizen

« on: November 15, 2009, 12:07:53 pm »

Hi guys, has anyone else experienced the same thing as me???

Since the CAScity sight went down last month, I have started to receive approx 250 spams per day.
Now I don't know a lot about the tech side of the interweb, but my son(works in the industry) says that the site was probably hacked and the membership registry downloaded for re-sale.

Anyone wish to comment??

AE

Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!
Silent Joe
The Netherlands
Top Active Citizen

Lady Lis and Me

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 12:40:33 pm »

A.E. Since a couple of weeks I get some spam on my emailaddress I've give up here on the forum. Before that time I got nothing. I've insalled "Spamfighter Free" in my mailbox and there you can select what post you will and won't.

The Secret of Life is One Thing..........Just One Thing! (Curly in City Slickers)
Citizen of CAS City #203 * SASS L # 10461 * SBSS # 2064 DWSA # 120 * GAF Intern. #694* IPSAC #43 * Prayer Posse * WartHog * B.o.t.A. >>>------>* TWHS

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Live To Fight Another Day

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 03:40:36 pm »

I haven't had any problems at all, is this just happening out side the USA ?

Regards

tEN wOLVES  Wink Cheesy Grin

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About
Silent Joe
The Netherlands
Top Active Citizen

Lady Lis and Me

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 02:11:32 pm »

Maybe it is. But my Spamfighter has finished a new update in the weekend, so I hope it is over now.  Cheesy

The Secret of Life is One Thing..........Just One Thing! (Curly in City Slickers)
Citizen of CAS City #203 * SASS L # 10461 * SBSS # 2064 DWSA # 120 * GAF Intern. #694* IPSAC #43 * Prayer Posse * WartHog * B.o.t.A. >>>------>* TWHS

Camille Eonich
Chief Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 02:04:48 pm »

Nope no Spam here and the site was not hacked.  Wink

“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood
Angel_Eyes
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 08:52:09 am »

Thanks Camille, they have slowed down now, but it's a pain in the nether region having to unsubscribe to each individual site.

Love your avatar photo by the way.

Merry Christmas, all!! Grin

AE

Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!
Camille Eonich
Chief Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 05:43:48 pm »

Glad to hear it and thank you.  Smiley

“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Cas City - Site Support & Comments  |  Topic: Spam mail « previous next »
Jump to: