Author Topic: Well I hit a few thrift stores again  (Read 2765 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Well I hit a few thrift stores again
« on: November 13, 2009, 06:36:08 PM »
First item was yesterday, tin lined and almost unused $4.99, the enemalware one is now on permant home kitchen duty, spout is small enough to also make a good hat steamer unlike my enemalware one:

Found this really cool pastry cutter for $1.99 today at another Goodwill, turns out it's older than I thought and unused so it's going to a friends collection, Marked Hercules Food Service Equip BKYN NY and appears to be stamped with individual stamps, not one big one:

My helper hates to see it go I guess:

At a Consignment store for $9.50 I found a cast iron framed potatoe ricer, same friend wants it because I already have one and she don't, so it's hers, she finds me good stuff:

Found this nice veggie/meat chopper for $4.00, a little clean-up and some work with the diamond stone it ought to be a good one, touched it a bit to see, should be able to make it shaving sharp:

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Re: Well I hit a few thrift stores again
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 09:14:18 PM »
Nice finds, Del.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 06:43:32 PM »
Del, You done good, my friend!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:20:50 AM »

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 07:05:49 AM »
I swear my grandmother had that same pastry cutter and ricer.   Neat finds.  Occassionally I wander through the shops looking for a large spoon with a strawberry on the handle, all metal.  my grandmother had this spoon, called by all as "the berry spoon"  she used it for everything.   Recipes were written with 3 heaping berry spoons, 2 level berry spoons.   Gave me fits trying to make the conversion.   After gaining several pounds of eating not quite right recipes, I think the heaping was 1/2 cup and level 1/4 cup.  Things taste correct anyway.   Great finds!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com