Author Topic: Angel and the Badman remake  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Regret Chancy

• Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS 3304, SASS 79990
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Angel and the Badman remake
« on: October 28, 2009, 06:46:52 PM »
Bought this one at Walmart yesterday. Lou Diamond Phillips as Quirt and did a decent job. Hard to see him as the hero compared to the great JW but I cant think of any actor doing a remake better than the original JW roles. :)
                                                                              RC
"Aint nothing better than riding a fine horse into new country"

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
Re: Angel and the Badman remake
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 07:24:32 PM »
There ain't but one Quirt Evans, It's the Duke! That movie is one of my favorite JW movies, and the movie and are the same age, OLD!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 11:51:29 PM »
Hi,

I may be a purist and old fashioned, but there was something je ne c'est pas about the chemistry between Gail Russel and JW thatjust can't be recreated ... maybe better or worse, but I think that the relationship between the two was what made that move more than just a run of the mill cowboy flick ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:12:50 PM »

Offline PABLO DEL NORTE

• Very Active Citizen
  • SHOULDA BEEN A COWBOY
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 09:08:55 AM »
  :) BOUGHT IT & WATCHED IT THE OTHER DAY. IT WAS GOOD ENOUGH THE MISSUS WATCHED IT WITH ME. SHE SAID SHE LIKED THIS ONE 'CUZ " LOU DIAMOND IS BETTER LOOKING THAN JOHN WAYNE"  ::)  ::)

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 09:19:23 AM »
I am trying to hold judgement on this movie until I see it ... but the feeling I have is that Lou Diamond and whoever his leading lady is, will not be able to match the 'chemistry' of John Wayne and Gail Russell. The underlying theme that runs throughout the movie is the ability of a true love to transcend daily woes and make a man reach 'way down and become more than he thinks he can be ....

I just can't see a modern version of this living up to that ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com