Author Topic: New Look at Some Rugers  (Read 3907 times)

Offline Marshal Deadwood

• SHOOTER FOR HIRE
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Home of the Plainsmen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Look at Some Rugers
« on: October 26, 2009, 09:38:01 PM »
Had a chance to re-look some Rugers at the Fast Draw Competion Sunday. Nice revolvers,and not one even came close to being as loose as the one I described that I looked at in the gunshop. I just don't know the reason a NIB Ruger would be that loose. I have to admit, all my 'experience' with Rugers has been in my previous life in Blackhawks,,etc..and not their Cowboy revolvers. But the revolvers I handled and examined Sunday were niceee...really niceee. Now, the symantics of a Ruger vrs a Colt would take some 'mental' getting used to..but,,,I can see it being an improvment actually. Just different.

So, we'll see. I mite go ahead with the Rodeo since I've wanted one for a long time..but who knows..there might be a Ruger in the future if the money presents itself. Having taken a close look,,I was much more impressed with Rugers second glance around.

And remember...

Guns do not kill people,,,husbands that come home from work early kill people.

Marshal Deadwood

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
Re: New Look at Some Rugers
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 09:59:03 PM »

And remember...

Guns do not kill people,,,husbands that come home from work early kill people.

Marshal Deadwood

With extreme prejudice Marshal Deadwood, in coming home early and in the choice of USFA or Italian.  I've only had good luck with Vaqueros in the way they point the others just can't get consistent.  I'm a needing Bisley Vaqueros in a worse way...Rooogers of course!

Yeti76620
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 08:05:03 AM »
I have the New Vaquero in 7 1/2 stainless .45 and although I haven't had the chance to shoot it, the action seems very smooth with dry firing. If I were looking for a Rodeo (and I usually am), I'd go for the Rodeo II, as the finish on the original Rodeo turns me off. One of the nicest single actions I have is a Uberti Cattleman that started life as a brass grip- strapped .45 with a 4 5/8 in barrel. I had it hard chromed by APW and the action tuned by Bob James. Except for the one piece walnut grips, it looks very much like a Rodeo II.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:25:20 AM »

Offline Caprock Louis

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 05:17:55 PM »
Why do I reply;  well just like this forum I so recently found.  As the owner of now 5 Rugers I must profess they are the finest for the money.  So well made and like some say a tank.  The Rugers I have a a great value.  They are very smooth for the money.  Now to make everyone mad they are not in the Class of my Blackpowder frame USFA.  There is a bit of note however in the price.  All being said one must purchase what you like,afford and enjoy.

Caprock Louis

Lost deep in the heart of

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 07:40:59 PM »
Why do I reply;  well just like this forum I so recently found.  As the owner of now 5 Rugers I must profess they are the finest for the money.  So well made and like some say a tank.  The Rugers I have a a great value.  They are very smooth for the money.  Now to make everyone mad they are not in the Class of my Blackpowder frame USFA.  There is a bit of note however in the price.  All being said one must purchase what you like,afford and enjoy.

Caprock Louis

Lost deep in the heart of

CL, you're totally right, the USFA, BP frame guns are in a class of there own, but you know you can't compare their guns to a Ruger Single Action, and that goes for all the other Colts and their clones, that would be like comparing apples to oranges, the Rugers are a totally different designed gun, although they look like a western style six shooter and handle almost like one, they are totally different, they're built tough they usually shoot to point of aim out of the box, they have a smooth action, and one that is stronger than all the clones made today, they are safer to carry, you can load six rounds and not worry about it, don't get me wrong, I have several single actions made my other brands, and I enjoy all of them, but the Ruger guns are by far the ones you can depend on, I carry a Flat Top 44 mag Ruger Blackhawk when I'm hunting or just walking in the woods or high country, and I know I can rest assure that if need be this gun will perform, I can't say that about some of my other guns. If Bill Ruger would have lived in the middle 1800's whose guns do you think most would have carried  ??? ::)

Best Regards

tEN wOLVES ;) :D ;D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 08:26:32 PM »
Then maybe cowboys, outlaws, lawmen, and other elements would have been carrying "Ruger Frontier Six Shooters"! :D ;) ;D 8)
A work in progress.

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 11:32:35 PM »
Or at least Ruger Old Armys or Old Army conversions ...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com