Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 26, 2015, 10:31:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Leather Shop (Moderators: Marshal Will Wingam, Ten Wolves Fiveshooter)  |  Topic: Pards!!! Display your FINISHED!!! Small Leather Projects here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pards!!! Display your FINISHED!!! Small Leather Projects here.  (Read 86278 times)
Massive
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #800 on: March 24, 2015, 12:25:54 pm »

Time wise it was a bit of an eye opener.  The leather was about 6 ounce some thing from a scrap bag.  I cut out from a standard pattern piece, but since it was so light, I bent it around the mold and did a trim with leather scissors.  I also cut out a tab for the back to hang it, I think, or maybe there was a fold over piece.  Once I had the shape, I marked several points and ran the decorative stitching more or less freehand on the machine, then sewed the belt loop, then sewed the side seam.  The belt actually took longer because I had to mark, with a ruler and cut it out, then run the strap cutter.  The piece was too short so I had to joint it neatly with a patch, and punch holes and slots.

The interesting part is this is about the effort that probably would have gone into s similar holster from the period, if it was just a utility pouch.  Obviously the best work was pretty special.  But it is instructive to just do a flat out piece and not laminate, or glue welts, or stain, or stamp, or make sure the holes were punched centered to the thou, etc...
Ten Wolves Fiveshooter
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Live To Fight Another Day

« Reply #801 on: March 24, 2015, 01:14:50 pm »

Not bad for a quick fix, well done Massive.... Roll Eyes

tEN wOLVES  Grin

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Leather Shop (Moderators: Marshal Will Wingam, Ten Wolves Fiveshooter)  |  Topic: Pards!!! Display your FINISHED!!! Small Leather Projects here. « previous next »
Jump to: