Author Topic: .22 LR use in main match...PROBLEMS? GOOD?  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
.22 LR use in main match...PROBLEMS? GOOD?
« on: April 22, 2005, 01:44:09 PM »
We are ponderin' havin' a .22 LR category for both kids AND adults I reckon, at our monthly matches.

Other than bein' hard to spot (see & hear) hits...How do you other clubs manage it? ???

Is it a completely different category?
Do you lump 'em into Modern & Traditional & Duelist & GF & Etc?
Or do you jus' say "NO"?------Little Buckaroos only????

Jus' wanna get some input afore we try in in June or July. ???

I was parleyin' wit' the other Pards 'bout a .22 LR sidematch separate from the main match score.  But we wouldn't have the time on Sundays to do BOTH.
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Lou Graham

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: .22 LR use in main match...PROBLEMS? GOOD?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 04:55:15 PM »
I've only seen .22 used for kids and a few times at a monthly match for a lady that's fairly new to shooting.  It's not too hard to hear the ding and if ya ain't sure, give it to the shooter!

If you are going to have a bunch of folks using .22, I'd set up a catagory for 'em.  Nor reason you can't have the .22 shooters use the same course of fire but call it a "side match" or "special catagory" or something to keep everybody happy.  Our club does that with Wild Bunch. We set up the stages to be shot in regular cowboy catagories or in Wild Bunch catagory.  Mix 'em up on the posses and go for it.
Soot Lady
You can never be too thin, too rich or have too much ammo

Book Miser

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 06:17:40 PM »
You probably won't be able to use any knock-downs or other reactive targets with the .22s.

Someone might want to experiment a bit first, to see whether there's a splashback problem.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:38:18 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com