Author Topic: GAF Muster 2009 Report  (Read 61116 times)

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
GAF Muster 2009 Report
« on: October 12, 2009, 05:14:19 PM »
Well, enquiring minds want to know......
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: GAF Muster 2009 Report
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 06:19:49 PM »
4 inches of snow and 25 degrees in our outdoor kitchen Sat morning.  Guess the shooting went well, all troops seemed to be well fed. ;D

Guess they are all tired and worn out, cooks made it back to town and got unloaded by 10;30.  Asst. cook has spent the day cleaning gear and will be taken out for a steak dinner on Sat for his fine effort, head cook had to work today.

Oh took wife out to eat on aririval to town about 8, didn't mind two grungy cooks, resterant smelled like a forest fire and forgot and war my wool jacket to work today, was asked to remove it to pick-up chuck wagon cause at first they thought they had a fire in the back room.  Hope to get a report in the next day or so with cook camp pictures.  Chaplin was chewwed out by cook for droppin' somethin' in cook fire. ;D

Texicans went crazy and played in the snow, heard there was a reb snow angel on parade ground, didn't check out rumor.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 06:24:16 PM »
Dang Texicans giggled all night.  Somthin about makin' snow angels.  Nekkid . . . . :o
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:26:35 AM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 06:26:19 PM »
Dang Texicans giggled all night.  Somthin about makin' snow angels.  Nekkid . . . . :o

Then I'm glad they did it on the parade ground and not behind the barracks. :P  Ithink they were tryin' to catch flakes on their tongues Fri night, weird. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Icebox Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 06:48:56 PM »
Hope everybody had a safe trip home!
Well.... see, if you take your time, you get a more harmonious outcome.

Offline Drydock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 07:50:55 PM »
Great time, great stages, great food great prizes, great people.  Battle rifles everywhere.  Uniforms!  An 1891 Argentinian army uniform to go with an M1891 Argentinian Mauser! Rolling blocks, Krags, Trapdoors, an MLE and a Martini Henri from our Canadian contignent.  Colt New Army and Navys.  The General put in an appearance.  Charles Isaac from the Department of the Atlantic showed up and put on a Clinic with his Krag.  Rattlesnake Jacks legs made another appearance. Montgomery Little got his name in the rules with a 211 yard pistol shot.

Wait'll ya'll see the pictures!

Lots of stuff to hand out.  Staying in an 1870s barracks was a treat, perhaps the only time I'll ever get to do that.  Y'all missed something special

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 08:35:44 PM »
Had a sore throat before I left for the muster on Thurs. Ran on Alieve and willed myself not to let it get me down all weekend. Guess I ran out of determination today. The kids were telling me I looked like I should go home, but I toughed it out. Will file a complete report when I get some rest.

The last report I had on Bow View's parents was that Mom was banged up pretty good with some broken bones but nothing life-threatening. Dad has a broken C-1 Vertabrae but isn't paralyzed. Will get a pace maker when strong enough.

Thanks to eveyone for coming.

Congratulations to Brigade Champion Col. Drydock.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline Niederlander

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 09:02:37 PM »
I know I had a LARGE time!  Thanks everyone for coming!  Cool to see so many Krags on the line.  Probably haven't been that many firing live ammunition since about '98!  I know the National Muster goes to Texas next year, but we're going to do something here, too.  Planning is already in progress!
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

Offline Drydock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 09:24:05 PM »
Shooting Krags with Charles Isaac and  Ned Niederlander was a privilage and honor.   And accepting the BC in the company of everyone there, was an honor by every definition of the word.  Thanks to you all.

Offline Niederlander

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 09:42:37 PM »
Thank you for the kind words Drydock!  Charles Isaac can really make that thing sing, can't he?  I've been shooting CAS for eight or ten years, but this is more fun.  I love the knowledge and historical interest displayed.
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 09:59:06 PM »
Well I'm down-loaded, got some work to do, but since the snow came how about these from Friday night and Saturday morning:

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Bow View Haymaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 11:59:16 AM »
I wish I could have been thier to see the snow.  I really enjoyed my time thier thurs and fri.  I was shocked that I could tie with M.T. Brass for anything.  (4th long range rifle ?)  I think he is ready to plan for next year.  I am sorry I had to rush out fri night but when I got word of my parrents accident I knew that's where I had to be.  I got ahead of the big snow and the drive wasn't bad.  Not near as much snow up north along the border (SD and NE).  Did the barraks stay arm enough?  I heard that Sruffy Skippy did pretty good in my place.  I am looking forward to Jerry's report and more pictures.  
I want to thank you all for your prayers and support,

Update 11:50 am Tuesday
Harold is in surgery right now getting a pacemaker so his heart won't try to stop again.  That is probably what caused the accident as he blacked out and went off the road and their car thought it could fly.  Since being in Sioux city Mercy Hospital he has been pretty stable and no more episodes with his heart.  He did have a slight fever so they held off until today to put the pacemaker in.  I think they will probably go in to repair his neck (c-2?) tomorrow.  He does NOT have any paralysis  (thank you God) but will need time to heal.  He is very painful from several broken ribs (again) which complicates his breathing some but he is managing well.  
Margaret will probably move from the Hospital to "swing bed" today or tomorrow.  She is at Sacred Heart in Yankton.  She has a broken right ankle but shouldn't need surgery on it as long as the bones don't move.  She also has a chip in her left wrist which make using a walker a bit of a challenge.
  She also has problem with her back but is managing with pain meds for now.  This will probably need repair when she is stronger.  
Thank you everyone for your prayers and good wishes,  Mom has already received a lot of visitor and she appreciates everyone so much.  
They both have a long recovery ahead and it's hard on them being in separate hospitals but the lord is watching over them both and we carry on.

Paul
Bow View Haymaker

GAF #522  Dept of the Platte
SASS# 67733 (RO II)
NRA life

Paul Arens

www.HighPlainsShootersSupply.com

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 12:53:57 PM »
Paul, Prayers up for you and your family.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline captmack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • "TX is neither southern nor western. TX is TX"
    • Capt Mack's You Tube page
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 01:54:35 PM »
I had a wonderful time at my first Muster.  Thanks to the Col for ordering up the snow for us Texicans.

Here is the link to my video:

Capt Mack.
Capt Prather Scott "Mack" McLain
Senator
NCOWS Life Member #175

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 02:14:22 PM »
The Pony Express family arrived home safely Monday evening, delayed a bit because of road construction in KC, and spending extra time in downtown KC searching for an asian food store we heard was there. Really enjoyed the match, even if it was a bit chilly. We arrived back home to 50 degree temps Mon evening! But phone was out again, so was not able to report in untill now(via laptop wireless, courtousey of Hardees)

Offline Dalton Masterson

• Freeda Bee Mee's driver and ammo loader
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Wheeeeee!
    • Dalton Masterson's site
  • SASS #: 51139
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 03:24:36 PM »
It was a great time, and I will get my pics up one of these days soon.
I came home to Freeda not feeling well, and with the doctor visit today, she has the dreaded flu. Pooper Trooper is in fine spirits so far, other than a stuffy nose. Freeda is quarantined to the big screen tv upstairs away from us. I am now on Tamiflu.... :-\

It was good seeing everyone there, and finally getting to meet most of the faces that I see in pics here on CasCity.
I am already looking for an 1890s Russian uniform. Go figure....
Bvt. Major Dalton Masterson
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 04:26:04 PM »
Great report, Troopers:

I'm happy to hear that no one got a Line of Duty injury from self-induced frostbite.  ;D  heheheh
Delmonico contacted me today with a report of rounds fired, new records & of course, the mess report.
I want to thank him & all who supported this Muster.  There are too many to mention here for their hard work under adverse conditions.
That'd be 8" of snow in western Nebrasky?????

We sure hope to shoot with you next year if possible with a "new" Mil-Spec rifle.  8)
 ;D I have a Pard who is talking about selling his Krag.
I think a used Krag (in VG condition) should be a straight-across trade for a NIB DPMS A-15 shorty.  ???  Doncha reckon?

Respectfully,
Mustang Gregg

PS:  Major Bow View, best of luck to your folks.  I sent you a PM.

"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Bow View Haymaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 04:59:12 PM »
We must remember to extend a big thanks to Lt Col. Mustang Gregg for his generous donations.  I hear the Double Eagles both went to good homes and the Sausage was great. 

I want more pictures everyone.
Bow View Haymaker

GAF #522  Dept of the Platte
SASS# 67733 (RO II)
NRA life

Paul Arens

www.HighPlainsShootersSupply.com

Offline captmack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • "TX is neither southern nor western. TX is TX"
    • Capt Mack's You Tube page
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 05:37:13 PM »
Congratulations to Col. Drydock on winning the Brigade Champion.  I'll be gunning for it in Tejas next year!

Capt Mack
Capt Prather Scott "Mack" McLain
Senator
NCOWS Life Member #175

Offline Drydock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 05:43:35 PM »
Yer gonna have to get ahead of Tex Sarge and his Trapdoor.  That was some shootin'!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com